Dunlop Announces The All-New Sportmax Q3+
We’re fans of the Dunlop Q3, and now Dunlop has gone and made it better.
Begin Press Release:
The All-New Sportmax Q3+
More Performance + More Tire Life = Q3+
When Dunlop set out to build the Sportmax Q3+, the concept was to create a tire that delivers the same class-leading performance as the Q3, but one that lasts longer to give riders more track days and more time on their favorite twisting roads. In the end, the Q3+ proved to offer even better performance than the Q3, plus up to 30 percent boost in tire life.*
The Sportmax Q3 has been the darling of serious sport and track-day riders ever since it’s introduction four years ago, and improving on its design meant squeezing every gram of weight and every fraction of performance out of every component. As a result, more than 80-percent of the Q3+ components are redesigned compared to the Q3.
Where the Performance Comes From
The Q3+’s new components have created a dramatically improved tire. Boasting the same familiar and predictable feel as the Q3, the Q3+ incorporates a new silica-enriched center tread section built into the MT Multi-Tread rear tire. Much of the credit for the Q3+’s increased longevity goes to this new compound, which added miles to the tire without sacrificing grip. In fact, the performance of the Q3+ dramatically eclipses that of the Q3. Tested back-to-back with the Sportmax Q3, the Q3+ was more than a second quicker at Roebling Road Raceway.**
In addition to the carbon fiber reinforcement utilized in the sidewalls of the front and rear tires, construction and compound changes contributed to added tire stability, giving the Q3+ 3.5 percent to 6.0 percent more footprint and more grip at max lean angles. By delivering more grip and more longevity, the Q3+ is a faster, longer lasting tire, able to provide riders with more riding days compared to the Q3.
Taking Leading Performance to the Next Level
The Q3+ addresses the reality of sport riding; unless you have a racetrack in your backyard or live on your favorite twisty road, chances are you spend at least some of your time just getting to your favorite ride spots. By extending the longevity of the Q3+, Dunlop has given serious sport riders more opportunities to enjoy high-performance riding between tire changes.
Dunlop’s Q series of performance tires have been favorites among hard-core sport and track-day riders for more than a decade. Now the Q3+ takes the legendary line a step further with performance and longevity no other hypersport tire can match.
– Only hypersport tire made in the U.S.A., the Q3+ was designed at Dunlop’s Buffalo, NY headquarters, and manufactured in the Buffalo plant on the same high-tech production equipment as Dunlop’s racing tires.
– Dunlop’s Huntsville Proving Grounds is the only motorcycle tire test facility of its kind in North America, and the Q3+ was tested extensively at Dunlop’s Huntsville Proving Grounds as well as several racetracks in the U.S.
– Dunlop’s Carbon Fiber Technology (CFT) employed in the Q3+ uses carbon fiber reinforcement in the tire sidewalls for exceptional cornering performance and feel.
– Aggressive Q3+ tread pattern uses minimal tread grooves that are long in length to enhance wet-weather performance.
– Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) technology in the Q3+ rear tire allows greater latitude in line choice while cornering, plus amazingly linear steering.
– MT Multi-Tread™ technology in the Q3+ rear tire uses a silica-infused, long-wearing compound in the center of the tread for longer tread life, and special lateral grip compounds on the left and right shoulders for outstanding grip.
– The all-new Q3+ offers superb grip, stability, steering feel and longevity on the street and on the track.
The Dunlop Advantage
Dunlop’s commitment to advancing the state-of-the-art in motorcycle tires is evidenced by our Buffalo manufacturing plant—the only motorcycle tire plant in North America. This facility gives Dunlop the capacity and flexibility to design, engineer, and manufacture new tire technologies. Dunlop’s Huntsville Proving Grounds in Huntsville, Alabama—the only motorcycle tire testing facility of its kind in the U.S.—provides testing and development advantages in varied conditions. Together, Dunlop’s high-tech manufacturing and dedicated proving grounds add up to a clear-cut development advantage that helped lead the way to the next-gen Sportmax Q3+. Dunlop is the official tire of Moto America, and the Q3+ is manufactured on the same equipment used to produce MotoAmerica Superbike tires.
To find out more about the new Sportmax Q3+, go to:
|Sportmax Q3+ Front||120/60ZR17||(55W)||August 2017|
|Sportmax Q3+ Rear||160/60ZR17||(69W)||August 2017|
*As tested October 2016 on a 2015 BMW R1200RT with 120/70ZR17 and 180/55ZR17 tires compared to Sportmax Q3 in a controlled Dunlop internal test on varied roads.
**Tested 10/13/2016 on Roebling Road Raceway with 2013 Suzuki GSX-R1000 on 190/50ZR17 rear and 120/70ZR17 front tires.