Kawasaki To Reproduce Cylinder Heads for 1970s Z1 Motorcycles
Back by popular demand, new (old) cylinder heads!
Begin press release:
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is excited to announce that it will now offer reproduced cylinder heads, manufactured in Japan, for the legendary Z1, KZ900 and KZ1000 motorcycles. Introduced in 1972, the original Z1 was one of the first models designed with the US market in mind and went on to solidify Kawasaki’s position as a global leader in the large-displacement bike category.
The Z1 gained popularity immediately after its debut and sold well over 100,000 vehicles around the world. It is a historic model that came to be recognized as a symbol of Kawasaki motorcycles with its impressive power and high reliability that have been retained over the years, passed down to current-generation models.
As these long-popular, classic models near their 50-year anniversary, they remain loved and admired by many riders. Numerous Z1s are restored to beautiful, working condition, and can be found around the world today In order to meet the needs of Z1 owners and collectors, Kawasaki has decided to reproduce cylinder heads for the Z1, KZ900 and KZ1000.
Kawasaki will reproduce the cylinder heads using current methods based on original part design plans and specifications. The cylinder heads will be manufactured by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. in Japan and will be available in two colors, silver and black.
To be one of the first to receive one of these reproduced cylinder heads, pre-orders can be placed by contacting your local Kawasaki dealership and placing an order before June 30th, 2020. Orders placed by this date are expected to arrive by Fall 2020. For more information please contact your local Kawasaki dealer or visit the product information page on Kawasaki.com.
- Compatible Models: See compatibility chart on Kawasaki.com
- Not intended to be an exact copy of the original, including the shape and surface quality, based on production standards at the time
- Cylinder Head includes camshaft brackets, tappers, valves and peripheral parts
- Does not include camshafts, cylinder head cover, gaskets, etc.
- Features M8 exhaust-pipe-attachment stud bolt dimensions from later models
- Does not fit on the Kawasaki KZ1000 MKII and other so-called “square head” models, which feature a second-generation square cylinder head cover that is slightly thicker
- Product details, price and availability are subject to change without prior notice or liability
More by Press Release