2017 BMW C Evolution Electric Scooter Launching in California
The 2017 BMW C Evolution electric scooter is finally coming to the U.S., with a soft launch in California this summer before expanding to other states. U.S. pricing starts at $13,750, but customers may order one with heated grips ($250), anti-theft alarm ($395) and a comfort seat ($145).
Available in Europe since 2014, the C Evolution is powered by the same battery modules as BMW’s i3 car. While European customers have a choice between short range (62 miles) and long range (99 miles) versions, only the long range version will be offered in the U.S.
Notably, BMW Motorrad’s press release calls the C Evolution the company’s “first step toward alternative drivetrains,” (emphasis ours) confirming that more electric BMW motorcycles and scooters are in the works.
MY 2017 C evolution (arriving summer 2017)
MSRP — $13,750
The C evolution will initially be introduced in the U.S. as part of a pilot program and will only be available in California at the time of launch. As interest in the C evolution builds, BMW Motorrad USA will expand this product offering to BMW Motorrad retailers in other states. As the world’s first electrically powered premium large scooter, the C evolution presents BMW Motorrad’s first step toward alternative drivetrains, and reinforces the BMW Group’s commitment to sustainability.
Standard Features and Specifications
- Only the long-range version will be launched in the U.S. (99-mile range)
- Three 115-150 V, 94 Ah lithium ion battery modules from the BMW i3: 12 battery cells per module
- Energy conservation when coasting or braking
- Rated peak output = 48 hp / Max speed = 80 mph
- 53 lb-ft of immediate torque. 0-31 mph in 2.8 sec
- Standard ABS, Torque Control Assist (TCA), Reverse Assist, and 4 Ride Modes (Road, Eco Pro, Dynamic, and Sail)
- On-Board Computer and large Multifunction TFT display w/ detailed range and charge information
- 5-year, 30,000-mile battery warranty
- 30.1” seat height
- Standard charging cable (charges in 9 ½ hours with 110 V socket)
- Fast-charge 220 V accessory cable takes 4 hours
- Upside-down forks; adjustable rear pre-load
- Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission (CVT)
- Stepless Power Adjustable Windshield with Wind Guide Vanes
- Illuminated Storage Compartment
- Side stand that activates parking-brake + center stand
- Ionic Silver Metallic / Electric Green is the only color offered ($0)
- Heated Grips ($250 MSRP)
- Anti-Theft Alarm ($395 MSRP)
- Comfort Seat ($145 MSRP)
- No packages are available
More by Press Release