MotoChic Creates "The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Bag" Promotion
Smaller companies need to be creative in their marketing in order to gain a wider audience. This promotional tour set up by MotoChic is one of the most creative ones we’ve seen in a while. It harnesses the power of social media in a format that is sure to spark some interest. We know that MO will be watching.
Begin Press Release:
MotoChic® Gear Releasing Lauren Sport Bag:
Weatherproof Design Driven by Consumer Feedback Road-testing kicks off with “Sisterhood of the Traveling Bag”
June 19, 2017 — (San Francisco, CA) Compelled by consumer feedback, MotoChic® Gear founder, Debra Chin, is releasing a sport rendition of the patented Lauren bag, with weatherproof materials and distinguishing features.
True to the MotoChic® mission, the Lauren Sport combines innovative design with high performance materials to create safe and stylish gear that’s as fashionable as it is functional. Meticulously crafted from durable, lightweight polyester, the weatherproof Lauren Sport features light gray, quilted, weatherproof fabric accented with YKK® water repellent zippers in high visibility red, pink, orange or yellow.
Chin shared, “Customers love the Lauren bag for its versatility, and suggested I offer it in a lighter weight more casual version, too. I’m extremely proud to announce the launch of the Lauren Sport.”
Chin previewed the Lauren Sport at the recent Qualtrics Insight Summit in Salt Lake City. Among those surveyed, 100% had a positive reaction to the bag. Those polled agreed the Lauren Sport is high quality, well made, and functional. An Insight Summit attendee remarked, “It is extremely well designed. You seem to have thought of everything and more.” Others shared comments such as, “It looks very modern. I love it!” and “With the combination of style and utility it seems like a bag I could have forever!”
Chin plans to put the bag through additional rigorous road-testing this summer. Inspired by the best-selling novel and blockbuster movie, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, two Lauren Sport bags will be sent on the road with five adventurous female riders. The bags will pass from woman to woman, with each woman putting the Lauren Sport through its paces on her journey, and sharing testimonials from the road on social media. The women chosen to participate in MotoChic’s “Sisterhood of the Traveling Bag” are:
- Margaret Vatamaniuk of British Columbia, Canada, a www.twowheeledlife.com blogger, who will ride with the Lauren bag on her Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail from Ottawa to Vancouver Island, June 28 – July 12 (Facebook @twowheeledlife / Instagram @two_wheeled_life / Twitter @margvatman)
- Polly Pierce who will ride with the Lauren bag on her BMW 700 GS from her hometown of Kane, Pennsylvania to Salt Lake City, Utah, July 7 – July 16, for the BMW MOA Rally (Facebook @polly.pierce.50 / Instagram @pierce.polly / Twitter @pollypierce1)
- Kaci Berry of Springdale, Arkansas, a www.ducatidiva.net blogger, who will take the Lauren bag on her Ducati Monster 620IE, July 21 – July 28, to ride the Tail of the Dragon in Robbinsville, North Carolina (Facebook @KaciBerry / Instagram @DucatiDiva / Twitter @Redklberry)
- Shannon Vaughn of Dickinson, North Dakota, a www.lifelipstickmotorcycles.com blogger, who will ride with the Lauren bag on her Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster, August 4 – August 13, to the Sturgis Rally in South Dakota (Instagram & Facebook @lifelipstickmotorcycles / Twitter @Lifelipsticmoto)
- Lisa Wallace of Ohio who will ride with the Lauren bag on her Harley-Davidson 2017 Sportster 48, August 21 – August 28, on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Ohio (Instagram @wallacelisa)
After the adventures are completed, the “sister” with the most engagement on social media will win a brand-new Lauren Sport of her very own.
Like its predecessor, the Lauren Sport quickly and easily converts from a backpack to a tote bag with large reflective panels on the exterior for nighttime visibility. An innovative new addition is an LED light that illuminates the interior of the bag. Other distinguishing features include:
- YKK® water repellent zippers and water resistant motoprint lining
- Built-in grab handle on the women-friendly backpack harness for easy carrying
- Soft lined protective pocket on the interior that fits up to a 15″ laptop
- 100% vegan friendly materials
The MotoChic® Lauren Sport will be in stock August 2017, and is available now for pre- sale at www.motochicgear.com/shop/the-lauren-sport-bag/ for a special introductory price to be announced to newsletter subscribers.
About MotoChic Gear®
MotoChic® answers the need for high quality, design-conscious clothing and accessories for women with fast-paced lifestyles. World travelers, sports lovers, fitness fans, commuters, moms, students and fashionistas will find what they need in MotoChic®. Wherever your next great life adventure takes you, MotoChic® will be there.
For More Information, visit: www.motochicgear.com.
More by Evans Brasfield