Featured Motorcycle Brands
January 1st, 2010 10:00 AM Share
Ducati names showcase winners
Owners show off their bikes in six classes
By Motorcycle.Com Staff, Mar. 13, 2008Ducati North America has announced the winners from the first round of the Ducati Superbike Concorso.
Held on Ducati Day Daytona during Bike Week, the Superbike Concorso is a showcase competition among Ducati owners who want a chance to show off their bikes. A field of 17 bikes competed in six different classes, plus the overall best-in-show award.
The grand prize winner for best overall superbike went to Douglas Frederick and Ann Cederna for their restored 1998 Ducati 996 RS that Troy Bayliss rode in the British Superbike championship. Frederick and Cederna were awarded a trip for two to the Milan Motorcycle show and a VIP tour of the Ducati factory.
The winners in each class are:
- Chris Boy and his 2000 Ducati 996RS for best competition superbike
- Peter Calles and his 1977 Ducati 900SS for best pre-1988 superbike
- S. Brian Meserlian and his 2005 Ducati 749R for best 1988-2007 superbike
- Kevin Mendez and his 2007 Ducati 1098 Xerox Replica for best 2007-2008 Superbike and Desmosedici RR
- James Dillard Jr. and his 1987 Ducati 750F1 Laguna Seca for best external beauty, and
- John Avelluto and his 2005 Ducati 999 and James Wilde with his 2007 Ducati 1098 both won the Ducati Passion award for best superbikes ridden to the event.
Each was awarded a $500 Ducati Performance gift certificate.
Three other rounds will take place over the summer followed by a final round to be held online.
Would you like us to deliver Motorcycle.com Articles in your mail box once a week? Simply submit your e-mail address below !
Published January 1st, 2010 10:00 AM
Join the conversation