2010 Cycle World IMS Comes to Daytona
2010 Cycle World IMS comes to Daytona
We are pleased to be returning as part of the historic Daytona Bike Week after a five year hiatus, said Group Show Director Jeff DEntremont. Daytona Bike Week is legendary with the biking community and we are thrilled to be able to bring all that the Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows can offer to Bike Week attendees for free this year making it a great addition to all the Bike Week action.
Following is a brief description of the exciting features coming to the Ocean Center:
- World Debuts and Demo Rides from Zero Motorcycles - Be among the first in the world to test ride any of the four 2010 zero-emission electric motorcycles making their world debut from Zero Motorcycles at the Ocean Center and chat with the Zero representatives in person. Space is limited, available to licensed riders with appropriate riding gear.
- Bikes & Beats Entertainment presented by TapouT This all-new lifestyle entertainment element mixes music and motorcycles like never before. The latest in moto-fashion will be showcased by hot models and dancers during a high-energy fashion show hosted by 2008 BusaBeat Champion MC Jason Pigg. Bikes & Beats will also feature dance performances by the Downshift Dance Crew, music and more.
- 2Wheel Tuner Cover Girl Model Search Presented by LeoVince The culmination of finalists from each Cycle World International Motorcycle Show will compete live, on-stage in a Q&A session and photo shoot for the chance to win a personal feature on the cover of 2Wheel Tuner Magazine. Tuner Girls will greet fans, sign autographs and pose for photos during each day of the show.
- Jerry Motorman Palladino Rider Skill Show Attendees will enjoy daily exhibitions fusing entertainment and rider skills enlightenment, learn three simple techniques and see tiny women handling 850 lb motorcycles with ease.
- The Hub Brought to you by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance A high-energy stage will be jam-packed with great speakers presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including advanced riding techniques, dual sport riding, helmet fit, riding schools, long distance touring and more. Seminars will be led by industry experts including Bruce Porter, Arai Helmet Company; Gin Shear, Womens Motorcyclist Foundation; gadget and accessory experts from Twisted Throttle; and more.
- The Marketplace Experience more than two dozen leading aftermarket parts and accessories companies where showgoers can try on new helmet models from several different brands, look at different tire models and brands side by side and talk with manufacturer representatives and expert staff about which products will work best with your motorcycle and riding style, all in a no pressure environment.
- Ultimate Builder Competition Presented by TapouT The best of show winners from previous Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows across the nation along with local contestants, will be on display to compete in a national contest for the chance to be crowned the 2010 National Ultimate Builder Champion. Show attendees along with a panel of judges will vote to help determine the 2010 national champ.
- History of Motorcycles This retro showcase returns with an expanded collection of rare vintage motorcycles including classic dirt bikes, café racers, cruisers and more from various vintage groups throughout the country.
- All-New Womens Center Both new and experienced women riders will enjoy the Womens Center with gear from Cortech, Icon, Joe Rocket, Shift, Thor and Tourmaster to try on; motorcycles to sit on; and experts from the Womens Motorcycling Foundation available to answer questions and introduce new riders to the world of motorcycling.
- David Mann & Ron Segal Motorcycle Art Exhibit V-Twin fans will enjoy an impressive collection of more than forty pieces of motorcycle art on display from legendary illustrator David Mann from Easyriders Magazine and artist Ron Segal.
For the 17th consecutive year, Cycle World, the worlds most popular motorcycle magazine, is the title sponsor for the series. The show will be open to the public Wednesday, March 3 through Saturday, March 6, at Ocean Center, located at 101 North Atlantic Avenue, in Daytona Beach. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Motorcycle parking is $5.00 in the south lot and cars are $10.00 in the garage. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit http://www.motorcycleshows.com/.
More by Motorcycle.com Staff