Klim Announces 2023 Cow Tag Off-road Ride
Rippin' for a reason in Challis, ID.
2023 KLIM Cow Tag Off-Road Ride Presented by Timbersled | July 15
Join KLIM in supporting Off-Road Trail Advocacy Groups and ride a fun, one-of-a-kind event taking place for the first time ever inside the vast and rugged Salmon-Challis National Forest in Challis, Idaho.
To celebrate the summer riding season, and to support off-road recreation and the advocacy groups keeping these fantastic trails open, KLIM is inviting riders to participate in their annual Cow Tag Off-Road Ride Presented by Timbersled.
“We are thrilled to continue the legacy of our popular KLIM Cow Tag Off-Road Ride, this year presented by Timbersled,” said KLIM’s Motorcycle Event Manager, Mark Kincart. “We are excited for this year’s brand-new location in Challis, Idaho, which offers some of the most beautiful trails in the second largest national forest in the lower 48.”
This unique dirt bike-only event attracts riders from all over North America to bring greater focus on trail preservation while having a great time exploring some of Idaho’s pristine mountain singletrack in search of virtual Cow Tags guided by the Avenza® app. Riders will be challenged to collect as many Cow Tags as possible to earn valuable raffle tickets. Those tickets will be used to enter prize drawings at the indoor reception following the event.
KLIM takes pride in building functional, durable, high-quality gear for off-road riders, and you’ll be riding some of the same trails that help develop their equipment.
To register for the Cow Tag, view the schedule and for more information on event guidelines, visit https://www.klim.com/cow-tag-off-road-ride.
Here’s how it works:
Challis Idaho Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, Challis, Idaho 83226
- Friday, July 14, 2023
- Check-in 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 15, 2023
- Late Check-in 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Ride 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Dinner and indoor reception 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday, July 14:
- 12:00 - 6:00 p.m. Check-in at Challis Idaho Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, Challis, Idaho 83226
Saturday, July 15:
- 7:00 - 8:30 a.m. Late check-in at Challis Idaho Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, Challis, Idaho 83226
- 8:45 - 9:00 a.m. Riders meeting at Challis Idaho Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, Challis, Idaho 83226
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Ride
- 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Check back in and redeem raffle tickets
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 to 8:00 p.m. - Prize drawings
- Note: Adult beverages aren’t included
- Note: Extra dinners are $30 each
- Breakfast burritos, KLIM Coffee, juice, bottled water and BBQ dinner
- Thousands of dollars in prize drawings
- KLIM Cow Tag exclusive event hat (to wear)
- KLIM sticker (to stick on things)
- Kate' Real Food Bar (if you get hungry)
- GPS waypoints/tracks provided (provided via Avenza app)
- Registration opens May 8, 2023
- Fees are $125 per person (Non-refundable)
- Registration limited to 150 people.
- Sign-in packets to be collected on Friday, July 14, from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. or 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning of the ride at Challis Idaho Event Center, 411 Clinic Road, Challis, Idaho 83226
- All proceeds go to off-road recreation advocacy groups: Idaho Single Track Trail Alliance, Magic Valley Trail Machine Association and Challis Community Trails
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Dirt bikes must display Idaho off-highway vehicle registration tags, which can be purchased at the Land of the Yankee Fork State Park in Challis or online at https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/registration-permits (either resident or non-resident tags if visiting from out of state).
- Due to the nature of the Cow Tag Ride, only two-wheeled off-road motorcycles will be permitted.
- All bikes ridden in the area are required to operate with a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor and must pass a 96 dB sound test (Half-Meter SAEJ1287).
- Ride respectfully! We’re here to promote and support Off-Road Trail Advocacy and the organizations that help us keep riding areas open. This is not a race or contest of speed.
KLIM Cow Tag Event Sponsors:
- Idaho Single Track Alliance
- Magic Valley Trail Machine Association
- Land of the Yankee Fork State Park
- Challis Community Trails
- Brockstar Suspension
- Dunlop Tires
- Kate’s Real Food
- Seat Concepts
- US Forest Service
- Bureau of Land Management
Join the conversation