Minneapolis Hosts Progressive IMS
Tour arrives at Minneapolis Convention Center
“We have re-energized the 12-city tour for all types of riders and non-riders and are excited to return to Minneapolis with the all-new Progressive International Motorcycle Shows series,” said Marketing Director James Harter. “Motorcycle fans will be treated to a totally new show experience filled with hot new bikes, an action-packed Team No Limit Stunt Show, a custom bike competition with huge cash prizes, hands-on do-it-yourself seminars and so much more!”
Exciting features coming to the Minneapolis Convention Center:
- Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition – This all new custom motorcycle builder competition will feature dozens of eye-popping, elite-level custom motorcycles competing for a piece of a $90,000 cash purse prize and a chance to compete in the American Championship finale set to take place at the Daytona Progressive International Motorcycle Show in March. In affiliation with the AMD World Championship, this competition will feature three classes and a “people’s choice” winner.
- Team No Limit Stunt Show – Motorcycle fans of all ages will be thrilled with action-packed performances from Team No Limit, starring expert stunt riders Jason Britton and Eric Hoenshell from the Speed Channel’s hit show “Stealth Rider.” This heart-pumping stunt show will feature jaw-dropping stunts on custom Kawasaki motorcycles including wheelies, on-bike acrobatics, stoppies, burnouts, endos and more. Stunt show hours are Friday, at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Saturday, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. and Sunday, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Progressive Insurance Open Road Experience – Bikers dreaming of hitting the road with Progressive’s always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, can hop on a bike next to a virtual Flo at the Progressive booth, have their photo taken, and instantly share the photo with friends on Facebook. Fans can also compare with other riders in terms of favorite riding routes, bike shows and tattoos; get answers to most pressing motorcycle insurance questions; and kick back in the Progressive lounge.
- Women Ride Experience – Both new and long-time women riders will enjoy the Women Ride experience with gear to try on and seminars presented by experts from the Women’s Motorcycling Foundation introducing new riders to the world of motorcycling and providing tips to longtime riders.
- MotoFlix – Motorcycle fans are invited to sit back, relax and immerse themselves in the all new MotoFlix theatre to view highlights from famous motorcycle films and cult classics including “Take It to the Limit,” digitally re-mastered for the first time since its big screen debut 30 years ago. Fans will have the opportunity to meet Director Peter Starr and see famed movie motorcycles up close.
- Giveaways Galore – Everyone loves a giveaway or a chance to win a prize and this year’s show is taking freebies to a new level. A specially designed mobile swag wagon, piloted by the swag master, will cruise through the show spreading high-energy and laughs with moto-product giveaways, motorcycle oriented games, contests, prizes, music and more.
- The Hub Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance – A high-energy stage will be jam-packed with enthusiastic speakers presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including motorcycle suspension workshops, long-distance touring tips, accident scene management, new rider seminars and more. Seminars will be led by industry experts including: Lee Parks, Lee Parks Design; Bruce Porter, Arai Helmet Company; Adam Redford, Twisted Throttle; and more.
- The DIY Garage Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance – This exciting new learning environment will host seminars focusing on do-it-yourself motorcycle topics instructing showgoers how to install exhaust systems, set bike sags, wire GPS devices and more.
- Welcome Center – The Welcome Center is the inviting home to a surplus of information for new riders, as well as a place to ask questions and learn about motorcycle safety, Ride for Kids® charity and local riding clubs – the perfect place for those interested in or new to two wheels. This feature area will also house floor plans, exhibitor lists, seminar schedules and serve as an ideal introduction to the world of motorcycling.
For the first time ever, Progressive Insurance is the title sponsor for the 12-city tour. The show will be open to the public Friday, February 4 through Sunday, February 6, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, located at 1301 Second Avenue South, in
Minneapolis. Show hours are Friday, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission to the event is $15 adults $6 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. On Family Day, Sunday, February 6, all children 12 and under are free when accompanied by a paying adult. Save $2 off adult online tickets at http://www.motorcycleshows.com/with promo code: TX2. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit http://www.motorcycleshows.com/.
Advanstar Communications Inc. (http://www.advanstar.com/) is a leading worldwide media company providing integrated marketing solutions for the Fashion, Life Sciences and Powersports Industries. Advanstar serves business professionals and consumers in these industries with its portfolio of 147 events, 68 publications and directories, 267 electronic products and Web sites, as well as educational and direct marketing products and services. Market leading brands and a commitment to delivering innovative, quality products and services enables Advanstar to “Connect Our Customers With Theirs.”