Indian® Motorcycle Company is one of America’s oldest and most iconic motorcycle brands. It first went out of business in the 1950s but was resurrected under new ownership in the 1990s. However, despite adventurous plans and some promising new product, that iteration of the company went under in 2004. But a historic marque never dies, and the Indian nameplate was dusted off with new ownership and a facility based in North Carolina. The company will be focused on product development and engineering in 2007. With the Chief as a platform, several distinct versions will be produced, all with the PowerPlus engine.
View all ReviewsIndian Motorcycle Reviews
2010 Indian Chief Vintage ReviewAs the flagship for the recently revived Indian Motorcycle Company, the 2010 Chief Vintage presents a synthesis of 1940s-era styling in modern running form.
Road Test: 1946 Indian ChiefContrary to popular belief, it is possible to have a blast going ten miles per hour. The catch, however, is that it helps to be riding the Holy Grail of cruisers.
find Indian motorcycle Specs
Choose your Indian motorcycle to build, configure or compareLooking for a specific make, model or year of Indian motorcycle, and how it compares to the competition? Looking to design your own Indian motorcycle? Use our Motorcycle Finder, below, to get everything you need on 2004 to present Indian motorcycles.
View all Used Indian MotorcyclesFind a Used Indian Motorcycle
Find a great deal on a Used Indian MotorcycleLooking to find the perfect deal on a previously-owned Used Indian Motorcycle For Sale? Use our Indian Motorcycle Classifieds to find the perfect bike to suit your budget. Our motorcycle classifieds feature over 1000 used Indian Motorcycles.
View all Indian DealersFind A Indian Dealer
Find your local Indian Motorcycle DealerUsing our database of Indian Motorcycle Dealers you can quickly find the nearest source for the latest new and used Indian Motorcycles. Just enter your state or ZIP code and you'll be one-step closer to buying a new bike!
View all Indian News Indian Motorcycle News
- 2014 Indian Chief Priced at $18,999, Set for Debut at Sturgis The storied Indian Motorcycles brand will enter a new era this August at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally with the debut of the 2014 Indian Chief. Powered by the all-new Thunder Stroke 111 engine, the new Chief will be the first new Indian motorcycle introduced after the company was acquired by Polaris Industries in 2011. To [...] more
- Three-Time World Champion Wayne Rainey Honored At Quail Motorcycle Gathering Saturday, May 4 marked the 5th annual Quail Motorcycle Gathering in Carmel, California. With such a diverse collection of historical, rare and outrageous motorcycles, the Quail is an event we thoroughly enjoyed attending last year. To commemorate the occasion, this year’s guest of honor was none other than three-time 500cc Grand Prix world champion, and [...] more
- Record Breaking Vincent Black Shadow Is Top Seller At Bonhams Auction A fully restored, ex-works 1952 Vincent Black Shadow was the top selling motorcycle at the Bonhams auction, held at the International Classic Motorcycle Show at the Staffordshire County Showground on Sunday, April 28, selling for £113,500 (US $176,341 after premiums). This Black Shadow was part of the factory?s bid to set a new 24-hour speed record at [...] more
- Polaris Reports Q1 2013 Results Polaris Industries reported a 26% increase in net income over the first quarter of 2013, but a 2.9% decline in on-road vehicle sales (comprised almost entirely of Victory and Indian Motorcycles). The company’s first quarter filings report a net income of $75.5 million, up from the $60.1 million reported over the same period in 2012. [...] more
- Polaris Acquires French Quadricycle-maker Aixam Mega Polaris has added another brand to its growing list of acquisitions, buying out Aixam Mega S.A.S., a French manufacturer of light-duty commercial vehicles and quadricycles – small four-wheeled enclosed vehicles that can be driven, in some markets, without an automobile driver’s license. Aixam Mega joins Polaris’ portfolio which already includes Victory Motorcycles, Indian Motorcycles, electric [...] more
- New Indian Thunder Stroke 111 Engine in Spirit of Munro Streamliner To mark the unveiling of its new Thunder Stroke 111 engine, Indian Motorcycle revealed a custom-built streamliner motorcycle dubbed the “Spirit of Munro“, equipped with the new Indian engine. The “Spirit of Munro” is a tribute to the Munro Special, the 1920 Indian scout that set a new land-speed record in 1967 at the Bonneville [...] more
- Polaris Reveals All-New Indian Thunder Stroke 111 Engine Indian Motorcycle revealed its all-new Thunder Stroke 111 engine, the first engine developed under its new Polaris Industries ownership and the powerplant for the 2014 model year. According to Polaris, the Thunder Stroke 111 engine has already undergone over a million miles of testing, including thousands of miles of on-road testing. Polaris deserves some credit [...] more
- Polaris Reports Increased Results for Both Fourth Quarter and Full Year For the 2012 year ending December 31, 2012, Polaris Industries, Inc., (NYSE: PII) reported record net income of $4.40 per diluted share, a 38% increase compared to $3.20 per diluted share. For the fourth quarter of 2012 Polaris reported a net income of $1.24 per diluted share, up 38 percent from the prior year?s fourth quarter net income of $0.90 per diluted share. Reported [...] more
- Indian Motorcycle Summit Provides More Details On All-New Model Filmed at the 2013 Progressive International Motorcycle Show in New York City, the “Indian Motorcycle Summit” press conference featured celebrity panelist Mike Wolfe and top executives from Indian Motorcycle including Steve Menneto, Gary Gray and designer Michael Song. Moderated by Robert Pandya, panelists discussed everything from Mike’s favorite picks to the company’s exciting plans for [...] more
- Indian Motorcycles at the 2013 International Motorcycle Shows in New York City Indian Motorcycles is continuing its rebirth under new owners Polaris Industries with a big showcase at the New York City stop of the International Motorcycle Shows, Jan. 18-20 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. The storied American motorcycle company is trying to re-establish its brand this year ahead of full product revamp for 2014. [...] more