Laguna Seca to be added to FIM e-Power series
Electric bikes a support class for USGP
story by Motorcycle.Com Staff, Created Mar. 25, 2010
Shortly after this article was published, we received word from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca that it was still in negotiations with the FIM about adding the e-Power race to the U.S. Grand Prix. The article was originally published based on information released by the FIM, which seemed to have jumped the gun in announcing the deal as done.
The International Motorcycling Federation is in negotiations to add Laguna Seca to its e-Power electric racing series.
The e-Power International Championship includes five events, each held alongside an established FIM event. The Laguna Seca round is set to replace a race originally scheduled for June 25 at the TT Assen MotoGP round in the Netherlands. Pending final negotiations, Monterey, Calif., circuit would hold the race July 24 on the undercard for the U.S. Grand Prix.
The 2010 FIM e-Power International Championship Calendar:
- April 16, at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France (FIM WEC)
- May 22, at the 8 Hours of Albacete in Spain (FIM WEC)
- July 24, at the U.S. Grand Prix in Laguna Seca (MotoGP - Still to be negotiated)
- Sept. 10, at the Bol d’Or at Magny Cours in France (FIM WEC)
- Sept. 25 at the Imola circuit in Italy (WSBK)
FIM announces electric racing series