2005 Buell Lightning® CityX XB9SX
Wonderful middleweight sporting twinBy (I am an Owner) on Sep 15, 2008
25k miles on the bike as of Sept 08, and I still love it. Only maintenance issues besides fluids and tires:
1) 21k miles. Broken exhaust stud (hanger bolt worked loose and I did not notice in time, so the unsupported header broke a stud).
2) 1k miles. I misrouted ... the ECM wire bundle after installing race ECM, and a wire was nicked.
3) Exhaust can needs a fresh coat of black BBQ paint every season if the rusty look bugs you.
4) Powder coat on rims chips pretty easily.
5) Splashing gas on the airbox will "frost" it, polishes out fine with Novus but is time consuming.
The bike sees daily commuting, has done 300+ mile days touring, gets ridden in all sorts of conditions, and has done two track days (fast novice, just beginning to get a knee down).
It was dyno'd at 78 HP, a nice balanced bike that you can ride fast through the curves without being worried about the motor.
Still on original belt, and am thrilled to not be lubing chains and adjusting valves.
43 MPG if I flog the daylights out of it, 45 MPG if I baby it.
(complimentary Buell labelled track photo credit Fonzie, purchased Deals Gap moving photo credit Dee Photo)