Progressive IMS Heads to Daytona Beach
“We have re-energized the 12-city tour for all types of riders and non-riders and are excited to return to Daytona Beach with the all-new Progressive International Motorcycle Shows series,” said Marketing Director James Harter. “Motorcycle fans will be treated to a totally new show experience filled with hot new bikes from Suzuki, an action-packed Team No Limit Stunt Show, an amazing custom bike competition, hands-on do-it-yourself seminars and so much more!”
Exciting features coming to the Ocean Center Daytona Beach:
- Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition United States Championship – Daytona Beach will host the finale of this all-new custom motorcycle builder competition featuring winners from the previous 11 stops on the Progressive International Motorcycle Show tour this season, as well as local custom bikes from the Daytona Beach area. These elite-level custom motorcycles will compete for a piece of a $90,000 cash purse prize. Winners will be announced on Friday, March 11, at 3:30 p.m.
- Team No Limit Stunt Show – Motorcycle fans of all ages will be thrilled with action-packed performances from Team No Limit, starring expert stunt riders Jason Britton and Eric Hoenshell from the Speed Channel’s hit show “Stealth Rider.” This heart-pumping stunt show will feature jaw-dropping stunts on custom Kawasaki motorcycles including wheelies, on-bike acrobatics, stoppies, burnouts, endos and more. Stunt show hours are Wednesday, at 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.; Thursday, at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.; Friday, at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.; and Saturday, at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m
- Progressive Insurance Open Road Experience – Bikers dreaming of hitting the road with Progressive’s always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, can hop on a bike next to a virtual Flo at the Progressive booth, have their photo taken, and instantly share the photo with friends on Facebook or via email. All fans receive a free gift and can also compare with other riders in terms of favorite riding routes, bike shows and tattoos; get answers to most pressing motorcycle insurance questions; and kick back in the Progressive lounge.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Custom Motorcycle – Garwood Custom Cycles will unveil a custom motorcycle, in conjunction with the NC Triad Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure to help promote unity and raise funds to fight breast cancer. The custom motorcycle Kawasaki 636 will tour the country through October, following the unveil at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show, in Daytona.
- Women Ride Experience – Both new and long-time women riders will enjoy the Women Ride experience with gear to try on and seminars presented by experts from the Women’s Motorcycling Foundation introducing new riders to the world of motorcycling and providing tips to longtime riders.
- MotoFlix – Motorcycle fans are invited to sit back, relax and immerse themselves in the all new MotoFlix theatre to view highlights from famous motorcycle films and cult classics including “Take It to the Limit,” digitally re-mastered for the first time since its big screen debut 30 years ago. Fans will have the opportunity to meet Director Peter Starr and see famed movie motorcycles up close.
- Giveaways Galore – Everyone loves a giveaway or a chance to win a prize and this year’s show is taking freebies to a new level. A specially designed mobile swag wagon, piloted by the swag master, will cruise through the local area spreading high-energy and laughs with moto-product giveaways, motorcycle oriented games, contests, prizes and more.
- The Hub Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance – A high-energy stage will be jam-packed with enthusiastic speakers presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including motorcycle suspension workshops, long-distance touring tips, accident scene management, new rider seminars and more.
- The DIY Garage Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance – This exciting new learning environment will host seminars focusing on do-it-yourself motorcycle topics instructing showgoers how to install exhaust systems, set bike sags, wire GPS devices and more.
For the first time ever, Progressive Insurance is the title sponsor for the 12-city tour. The show will be open to the public Wednesday, March 9 through Saturday, March 12, at Ocean Center Daytona Beach, located at 101 North Atlantic Avenue, in
Daytona Beach. Show hours are Wednesday, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission to the event is FREE. For more information, call 800/331-5706, text “MOTO” to 23333 (standard text messaging rates apply) or visit http://www.motorcycleshows.com/.
Advanstar Communications Inc. ( http://www.advanstar.com/) is a leading worldwide media company providing integrated marketing solutions for the Fashion, Life Sciences and Powersports Industries. Advanstar serves business professionals and consumers in these industries with its portfolio of 147 events, 68 publications and directories, 267 electronic products and web sites, as well as educational and direct marketing products and services. Market leading brands and a commitment to delivering innovative, quality products and services enables Advanstar to “Connect Our Customers With Theirs.”
More by Motorcycle.com Staff