Garmin Zūmo XT2 Announced
Larger screen and other upgrades to Garmin’s flagship motorcycle GPS
Today, Garmin announced the next generation of the popular zūmo XT motorcycle GPS, the Garmin zūmo XT2. The XT2 builds on the feature set of the XT and advances even further by expanding the screen 0.5 in. to 6.0 in. and increasing the brightness for ease of viewing in all lighting conditions. Additional features include: moto paths preferred by other riders, ride summaries feature via the Tread smartphone app, Group Ride Mobile feature, and pair with a compatible inReach® satellite communicator.
MO Tested: Garmin Zūmo XT GPS Review
Look for a full review of the Garmin zūmo XT2 in the near future.
Read the full release below:
Cruise to bigger adventures with the rugged zūmo XT2 from Garmin
All-new motorcycle GPS boasts a larger display, tougher exterior and enhanced navigation features to help on- and off-road riders enjoy their journey
OLATHE, Kan./April 19, 2023/PR Newswire – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) today announced the zūmo® XT2, the newest and most advanced addition to its popular series of rugged, purpose-built motorcycle navigators. The zūmo XT2 stands out from the pack, offering a sizeable 6”, ultrabright display giving riders a noticeably bigger and brighter screen than the previous model.
Designed to withstand extreme weather and rough terrain, it’s built to an IPX7 water-resistance rating and is equipped to operate with handlebar vibration, unlike most cell phones. For riders who enjoy traveling with friends, the Group Ride Mobile feature1 allows them to track everyone’s location via the
Tread® app or use the Group Ride Radio accessory2 (sold separately) to track and talk with friends when no cellular coverage is available.
“We’re confident that the larger and brighter zūmo XT2 will quickly become a favorite companion for motorcycle adventures. It gives riders who enjoy the thrill of gripping their handlebars, feeling the road beneath their tires and finding scenery off the beaten path, the freedom to explore with peace of mind.” – Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales
The zūmo experience
The zūmo XT2 GPS navigator provides innovative, moto-specific features to bring an enhanced level of fun and enjoyment to both on- and off-road expeditions:
- See popular moto paths preferred by other riders and view the adventure with high-resolution, subscription-free Birdseye Direct satellite imagery to discover new routes to ride.
- Find all the important ride details to help improve the journey, including speed, acceleration, deceleration, elevation and more with the ride summaries feature via the Tread smartphone app.
- Keep track of friends on the ride with the Group Ride Mobile feature, which allows riders to track each other on either the Tread app or the Group Ride Radio accessory (sold separately).
- Locate the most thrilling routes through Garmin Adventurous Routing to find hills, curves and the best sights. Customize the journey based on skill level with four different difficulty options.
- Manage tracks and routes across a smartphone or zūmo XT2 navigator, plus access real-time traffic, weather and smart notifications when paired with the Tread app.
- Hear navigation prompts from a zūmo XT2, or stream music and make hands-free calls with a Bluetooth® connection from a compatible headset/helmet (not included), while paired to a compatible smartphone.
- Increase awareness with helpful rider alerts along the route, such as sharp curves and speed changes as well as notifications for state helmet laws and red light/speed cameras3.
Working together on the road
Riders can benefit from using the new zūmo XT2 with a variety of compatible Garmin products (sold separately), designed to enhance the motorcycle adventure:
- Pair with a compatible inReach® satellite communicator4 to unlock two-way messaging, location sharing and SOS capabilities, in case of emergencies.
- Enable on-screen control of the motorcycle’s 12-volt electronics with a Garmin PowerSwitchTM digital switch box.
Available now, the zūmo XT2 has a suggested retail price of $599.99. To learn more, visit garmin.com/zumo.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for adventurers, athletes, off-road explorers, road warriors and outdoor enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing products that enhance experiences, enrich lives and help provide peace of mind, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Visit the Garmin Newsroom, email our media team, connect with @garminoutdoor on social, or follow our blog.
1Tracking via Group Ride Mobile requires the Tread app running on each friend’s compatible smartphone with BLUETOOTH® technology and an active cellular connection.
2Group tracking with the Group Ride Radio accessory is only available for riders using a zūmo XT2 navigator and Tread app. Connection to vehicle power is required for group tracking and push-to-talk mic functionality.
3Red light and speed camera warnings are not available in all regions.
4Active satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.
About Garmin: Garmin Ltd. (NYSE: GRMN) is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, zūmo, Tread and inReach are registered trademarks and Garmin Adventurous Routing, Garmin PowerSwitch and BC are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
Become a Motorcycle.com insider. Get the latest motorcycle news first by subscribing to our newsletter here.
Join the conversation