Monday is Ride To Work Day!
Aside from riding to vote, Ride To Work Day is the best opportunity we have to show the general public how many motorcyclists there are. Be sure to participate!
Begin Press Release:
Monday is Ride To Work Day
The 26th annual Ride To Work demonstration can more than triple the number of riders on some roads. Most motorcycle and scooter clubs and organizations encourage riders to commute by scooter or cycle on this day. Riders seek employer recognition and support for this form of transportation and increased public and government awareness of the societally positive benefits of utility riding.
Adding motorcycles and scooters helps traffic flow better, according to Ride to Work, a non-profit advocacy organization. Studies have also shown that across the same distances, riders reach their destinations up to 20% faster than those using automobiles. Most motorcycles and scooters also consume less resources per mile than automobiles. “Riding to work on this day is fun and highlights value of motorcycling. Riding is a form of personal mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of public benefits,” stated Andy Goldfine, this year’s event organizer.
The Ride to Work website includes:
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
1730 West Superior Street, Duluth Minnesota 55806 USA
218 722 9806
- Ride to Work Day Mission Statement: To advocate and support the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation,
and to provide information about transportation riding to the public.
- Affiliated Ride to Work Day Countries: Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador,
United States, and many others.
- Newsletter: Sample issues of ‘The Daily Rider’ newsletter are available for download at:
- History: A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet: A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- RTW Day Photos and Artwork: Motorcycle commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available for view and download at: http://www.ridetowork.org/signs-posters-cards-propaganda-art