Custom Bikes On Display At AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
The AMA’s Vintage Motorcycle Days never fails to impress.
Begin Press Release:
Bike builders will show off customizing talents at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, featuring Riders of Kawasaki
Custom motorcycles will be displayed in new infield layout at July 7-9 event
PICKERINGTON, Ohio (June 7, 2017) – Six motorcycle builders will display some of their top designs at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, featuring the Riders of Kawasaki, enhancing the custom touch of America’s premier vintage motorcycle fest July 7-9 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.
The 2017 lineup along Builders Row in the Old Bike Barn Crossroads area includes displays by Analog Motorcycles, Federal Moto, Legion Cycle Works, Loaded Gun Customs, 6th City Cycles and Chi-Jer’s Vintage Bike Works.
“These are some of the coolest bike builders in the country,” said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. “Not only are their creations stunning and innovative, but their attention to detail is amazing. Whether you’re interested in investing some money, time or both into a custom bike of your own, you’ll definitely find a range of inspiration in Builders Row.”
The featured builders include:
- Analog Motorcycles, Gurnee, Ill.: Builder Tony Prust combines skills from past careers and interests, such as audio engineering and carpentry, to create motorcycles and components that are complex in thought and design, yet simple in execution.
- Federal Moto, Chicago: Federal Moto creates one-of-a-kind motorcycles and soft goods for the everyday adventurer.
- Legion Cycle Works, Townsend, Del.: From totally stock bikes to wrist-breaking cafe racers to a gnarly street fighter, Legion Cycles can do it all.
- Loaded Gun Customs, Selbyville, Del.: Owner Kevin Dunworth prides himself on always crossing the lines, blurring distinctions and challenging conventional concepts and wisdom. Those traits are evident in his motorcycles.
- 6th City Cycles in Ohio produces custom bobbers and café-style bikes with a stripped-down look and wide appeal.
- Chi-Jer’s Vintage Bike Works, Chicago: Chi-Jer’s is collaboration between family and friends for restoring, resurrecting or repurposing vintage motorcycles.
For 2017, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, featuring Riders of Kawasaki, will celebrate the riders and machines that have made Kawasaki motorcycles famous for more than five decades in America. In addition, the AMA affinity group for fans of Kawasaki — ROK, Powered by the AMA — also will be front and center throughout the event. AMA members who join the ROK, Powered by the AMA, affinity group receive special benefits from Kawasaki Motors Corp. USA, such as a 10 percent discount from all purchases at www.kawasaki.com. For more information, see www.kawasaki.com/rok/whoweare.
An annual fundraiser for the nonprofit AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, featuring Riders of Kawasaki, includes vintage motorcycle racing, bike shows, seminars, demo rides, live music, a swap meet with nearly 1,000 independent vendors and much more.
The Old Bike Barn is sponsoring the Old Bike Barn Crossroads, which includes live music, the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show, club displays, a craft beer garden, vendors and more.
The full schedule of events at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, featuring Riders of Kawasaki, is available at www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com.
Tickets are available for purchase at www.midohio.com or at the gate. A weekend pass is $60, a single-day admission for Friday or Saturday is $40 and a single-day admission for Sunday is $35. Kids 12 and under get in free.