What's the Deal With All Those Pink Motorcycles?
Pink just isn't a color which is commonly associated with Motorcycles. Here's why.
Picture a Motorcycle in your mind, any Motorcycle. It could be one you own, want to own, one you’ve seen. Can you picture it? What Brand is it? What Model, year, how fast does it go? You can probably picture each of these elements vividly. Well, how about the color – did you see pink?
If you did, you’re probably a numbered few who did. Fewer who would admit it!
Pink just isn’t a color which is commonly associated with Motorcycles. Sure there are some out there, but have any of them been built that way? I’ve never heard of a Pink Harley-Davidson rolling off any assembly line. Motorcycles tend to be clad in overtly masculine colors like black, red, orange, blue and green. These are all colors which emote a certain attitude about what motorcycles are supposed to be all about. Speed, Power, Freedom and Strength.
Why are Motorcycles made in these colors more often? Well, if you’ve studied art or design you are familiar with color theory. This says that each color prompts us to feel a certain way emotionally. I know, if you are a tough biker emotions aren’t so easy to come by, but hang with me… If you don’t believe this than why do we get so annoyed when stuck behind a Red light? 🙂
Here’s what some colors do to us, emotionally.
1. The most emotionally intense color.
2. Red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing.
3. Conflicting emotions: love to violence and warfare.
1. The most romantic color
2. Is tranquilizing
3. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy.
1. The color of authority and power.
2. Black outfits can also be overpowering.
3. Villains, such as Dracula, often wear black.
1. Brides wear white to symbolize innocence and purity rather “Purity”.
2. White reflects light and is considered a summer color.
Notice which emotions Red and Black are supposed to evoke from us. These colors are more closely associated to Power and Passion, no wonder there are more Red and Black Motorcycles than any other colors. Counter that with the effects of the colors Pink and White on us.
Words like “romantic”, “Tranquilizing” and Loss of energy will never be used to sell any Motorcycle. Neither would those colors. So, after all that you might ask, “what’s the deal with pink motorcycles?” Easiest answer, they are owned by girls. 🙂
Pink Motorcycles Pictures:
Pink Motorcycles Videos:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.