ONLY 5957 MILES, FMF EXHAUST, AIR BOX MOD, HANDGUARDS WITH LED INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT, FENDER ELIMINATOR, RENTHAL HANDLEBARS, DUAL SPORT TIRES AND MORE! HARD TO FIND!
We can ship this for $399 anywhere in the Conti US. Give us a call toll free at 877-870-6297 or locally at 262-662-1500. There will be more pictures available upon request. We also offer great financing terms for qualifying credit. Call us for buying or trading your motorcycle, atv, or snowmobile
2016 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
The Suzuki DR-Z400SM is a street legal bike for serious dirt bike enthusiasts on pavement roads. It's not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down twisty forest trails as well as tight canyon corners. Its 398cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. The key difference from the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted forks. Inverted front forks contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling. The SuperMoto also comes with wider rims and stickier tires than the dual-purpose 400S.Features may include:
- Suzuki's Supermotard model based on proven DR-Z400S - combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight street-legal package.
- Lightweight 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable power.
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head with 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28-degree included valve angle and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system.
- Simple electric starting via a lightweight starter motor and an automatic mechanical decompression system.
- SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorous) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner with excellent heat transfer properties.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet.
- Smooth throttle response with a Mikuni 36mm carburetor fed by 6-liter air box. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
- Thermostatically controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic.
- Additional weight savings with magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover.
- Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding.
- Wide, gold-anodized RK Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are fitted with sporty radial tires: 120/70-R17 front & 140/70-R17 rear.
- Strong braking performance is supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus a 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
- Long travel, SHOWA inverted front fork is derived from a RM250 and features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action.
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and a tapered RM-inspired aluminum swingarm combine for precise rear wheel control.
- Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar has an aggressive look, reduces vibration and has a great bend for spirited riding.
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermoto style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank.
- A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight, simplify maintenance and contributes to the trim rear fender appearance.