In 2004, Triumph introduced the Rocket III, and it stood unchallenged as the largest displacement motorcycle in production. Well, the folks from Hinckley have decided that 15 years without a complete overhaul is enough. We’re excited, but we can’t say we’re surprised. Way back in January, we received some spy photos that showed the work in progress. We were impressed and curious then, but now that we’ve actually got some specifications along with some official photos of the two Rocket 3 models, all we can say is, “When can we ride them!”
2020 Triumph Rocket III Spy Photos
The tidbits that have us most intrigued are the 11% increase in power and “the highest torque of any motorcycle with 163 LB-FT @ 4,000 rpm” from the 2.5-liter Triple. Toss in tidbits like Brembo Stylema calipers and dropping 88 lbs on top of the bump to 165 hp peak, and we’re almost drooling. Pricing won’t be available until November, but the Rocket 3s will start rolling into dealerships in January 2020.
Read the full press release below.
ALL NEW 2020 TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 R & ROCKET 3 GT
The Ultimate High Performance Muscle Roadster
Launched in 2004, Triumph’s legendary Rocket III was a pure original with more muscle, presence and torque than any of the competition.
Now, the all-new Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3 GT lineup heralds the genesis of a new motorcycle legend.
With the world’s largest production motorcycle engine at 2,500cc, the new Rocket 3 delivers more power, 11% up on the previous generation, and the highest torque of any motorcycle with 163 LB-FT @ 4,000 rpm.
Combining imposing muscular stance, magnificent style, the highest levels of technology,
Triumph’s trademark sublime handling character, and all of the Rocket’s world-renowned presence and all-day easy riding capability, the new Rockets are truly in a class of their own.
Two new class-defining Rocket 3 models
- Rocket 3 R – The ultimate muscle roadster, with instantaneous world-leading torque, incredible control, comfort and capability
- Rocket 3 GT – Astonishing performance and presence, with supreme comfort,laid-back cruiser riding attitude and effortless touring capability
The biggest production motorcycle engine in the world
- The all-new 2,500cc triple engine delivers incredible acceleration and performance
- The highest torque of any production motorcycle with 163 LB-FT @ 4,000 rpm
- Thrilling power with 165 HP @ 6,000 rpm, 11% up on previous generation
- Distinctive new hydroformed exhaust headers, delivering a deep growling triple sound
Pure muscular presence and magnificent style
- The class-dominating new Rocket 3 strikes a commanding silhouette with a uniquely aggressive, muscular stance
- Signature design features, including twin LED headlights, innovative sculpted three-header exhaust run, hidden folding pillion footrests and 20-spoke cast aluminum wheels with imposing 240 mm rear tire
- Comfortable and interchangeable twin and single seat setups
- Premium finish and detailing
Phenomenal handling and commanding ride
- More than 88 pounds lighter than its predecessor
- The highest specification of equipment, including top-spec Brembo Stylema® monobloc brake calipers and adjustable Showa suspension
- Ride-enhancing technology, including second generation TFT instruments with illuminated switch cubes
- Optimized Cornering ABS & Traction Control, four riding modes (Road, Rain, Sport and Rider-configurable)
- All-LED lighting, Hill-Hold control, Cruise control, Keyless ignition and Heated grips as standard on the GT (heated grips are accessory fit on the R)
Available: January 2020
Pricing: Released November 2019