Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Triumph

Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Yeah, I certainly don't have firsthand info on Cali, so I'm limited to what I read and hear from "sources." FL has issues at peak hours, but lots of capacity after 9 pm.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #12
SmokeU
Registered Member

43 mile range in city or throttle happy driving. It wouldn't work for my daily commute.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

BTW, remember I was asking you about mileage? On my last road trip on the Concours I made a point of being conservative with the throttle. Mileage went from around 30 mpg to over 40! I guess fun has it's price...
Old 07-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #14
SmokeU
Registered Member

Yep, I always get wonderful mileage when I ride with my dad and his HD buddies since I don't have to use any throttle to keep up with them.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Really? They said that about the EV1. But, most people don't actually drive almost 200 miles day to day. And, although it took several hours to completely recharge the EV1, you could get 80% in 20 minutes. Not perfect, but not really that bad. 143 miles would work fine for me for 90% of my trips. Then again, I'm not in Utah or Texas.
That movie was a total BS. GM scrapped the program because they leased less than 800 cars in the total lifespan of the EV1. By any measure, that is a sales flop.

GM had to scrap the cars when the leases expired because it would not make economic sense to have an entire service infrastructure to service such a piddly number of cars. Plus, once the batteries died, the lessees would have no way to replace them. Some conspiracy.

There have always been fuel efficient cars available for sale in this country. Until recently, no one buys them.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #16
maladg

WSJ estimated real cost of an EV-1 at about one million GW's per. That'd be some serious green for a car.

Methinks Buz is right and KM be wrong. The EV-1 was a complete failure....though I concede that it MIGHT be early to say that.

Earlier this week, very downbeat article in WSJ about lack of real progress in battery tech. Even worse, progress slower than anticipated with respect to mini fuel cells which were expected to replace batteries in cells, pods, laptops, etc, asap. Oh, well. Maybe they need to hire you know who from you know where to set things straight

Me? I'm a bit surprised that we have yet to see compound supercharging - even though VW did sort of do something similar on a Euro only GTI...
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #17
daveinewoodland

Default What a total waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneavenger View Post
"American battery manufacturer GoWheel have adapted a Triumph Daytona into an electrical motorcycle! Called the evDaytona, you get a top speed of 103 mph, and 0-60 in 2.7 seconds Read More

That's nice, wreck a beautifully designed and performing motorcycle for a slug with a top speed less then most Harleys and at 3 times the cost. Oh yeah people will line up for these.

Oh wait, maybe the Harley riders since they spend an enormous amount of cash on low performance motorcycles.
daveinewoodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #18
pushrod
Founding Member

Jeez, Dave!

How many pound test is that line you're using?

A quick tip, use a top-water lure here. The lunkers like the sunlight.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #19
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinewoodland View Post
That's nice, wreck a beautifully designed and performing motorcycle for a slug with a top speed less then most Harleys and at 3 times the cost. Oh yeah people will line up for these.

Oh wait, maybe the Harley riders since they spend an enormous amount of cash on low performance motorcycles.
I don't know Dave, that bait you’re using seems pretty old. Not many hard core HD guys on this bored. Most HD owners on MO also own a 'Busa, or a standard, or a Duc, or something other than an HD as their second third or fourth bike.

And I don't think it's a big discovery to learn that HDs (and any cruiser, really) aren't sportbikes, and they can be pricey. It's kind of been covered a few thousand times.

If you're looking for some good fishing try switching bait to Global Warming or Democrats vs. Republicans.

Also, the Helmet Law topic has been beaten to death around here, too.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
If you're looking for some good fishing try switching bait to Global Warming or Democrats vs. Republicans.
Better yet, if you truly thrive on conflict; type something not Politically Correct - that'll get the behind-the-scenes flamewar goin', and getcha called "Racist Bigot" faster'n anything else (amidst cries of "how come every Bigot claims 'Not Pee-Cee'...blah, blah, blah.....).

We don't Tolerate Intolerance 'round here. Or even making-fun of Intolerance........... (that would be Intolerable!)

It's all part of the Zero-Tolerance Policy.

(I should know, as I'm Public-Arsehole #1 on certain "Bigot Lists" around here, regardless of my actual beliefs and actions)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote