Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Triumph (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph/)
-   -   New Trophy Spied! (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/triumph/20264-new-trophy-spied.html)

pushrod 05-10-2012 07:46 AM

New Trophy Spied!

Oooo, she's a Big Girl!

Looks like she can dance, though!

This, from Motorcycle News:

Finished Triumph Trophy spied - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

Looks like someone put a dorm refrigerator on the back!

Sarnali, you got enough garage for two "big'n's?"

The_AirHawk 05-10-2012 08:50 AM

I thought for a min there, you saw Ken with the next "Ex-Mrs. Moore" on his arm....

The Spaceman 05-10-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 275210)
I thought for a min there, you saw Ken with the next "Ex-Mrs. Moore" on his arm....

No, Cobie and I have decided to part as friends and have our Vegas wedding annuled. She's just too busy with her film career, and I couldn't get her to wear her "Avengers" costume around the house once the knot was tied.

So the Triumph Trophy..what segement is that aimed at? They have the Sprint and the 1050 Tiger...are they going after the "Ultra Glide" types?

12er 05-10-2012 09:56 AM

Cool you can ride with your dog as they put the crate on back.

The Spaceman 05-10-2012 10:38 AM

Damn, it really looks like a BMW! For that matter, so does the new Explorerer.

pushrod 05-10-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 275213)
No, Cobie and I have decided to part as friends and have our Vegas wedding annuled. She's just too busy with her film career, and I couldn't get her to wear her "Avengers" costume around the house once the knot was tied.

So the Triumph Trophy..what segement is that aimed at? They have the Sprint and the 1050 Tiger...are they going after the "Ultra Glide" types?

They had a Trophy for years. It was the Sprint's 'big brother,' at least in the 'new' Triumph model line.

I'm thinking the Sprint is about to go away. The ST is not offered in the States, and the Sprint GT hasn't set any sales records. And it'll be redundant when the Trophy appears.

Maybe they will end the "Tiger 1050;" making it the new Sprint. Wait and see, I guess.

Sorry to hear that you and Cobie didn't work out...

sarnali2 05-10-2012 12:49 PM

I'll buy one, I've been waiting for a new Trophy since mine was KIA in '05. The Sprint GT and Explorer were close but this looks like the one. 'bout flippin time too BTW

seruzawa 05-10-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 275222)
They had a Trophy for years. It was the Sprint's 'big brother,' at least in the 'new' Triumph model line.

I'm thinking the Sprint is about to go away. The ST is not offered in the States, and the Sprint GT hasn't set any sales records. And it'll be redundant when the Trophy appears.

Maybe they will end the "Tiger 1050;" making it the new Sprint. Wait and see, I guess.

Sorry to hear that you and Cobie didn't work out...

They'll probably drop the 1050 Tiger which will only leave the 800 and 1200 option. Too bad the 1200 is almost 100lbs heavier than the 1050. Of course since no one rides ATs off road it's moot. The weight difference is enough to completely turn me off to the 1200. It's not like the power difference makes a real world difference. The weight difference does.

seruzawa 05-10-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 275228)
I'll buy one, I've been waiting for a new Trophy since mine was KIA in '05. The Sprint GT and Explorer were close but this looks like the one. 'bout flippin time too BTW

Yeah, but this one is going to be a triple.

sarnali2 05-10-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 275242)
Yeah, but this one is going to be a triple.

that's ok, I'm partial to twins but triples work for me too. I'm more concerned with comfort and weather protection than engine configuration.