Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Triumph News

Old 07-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: A Triumph for Triumph

Build it and they will come. Triumph has an impressive lineup of bikes, and they are selling well. No suprise there. The news is good for Harley....or maybe it's bad for Harley. Maybe it has nothing to do with Harley. I can't decide, but every time a motorcycle manufacturer gets mentioned, Harley isn't far behind.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #22
jjasper
Founding Member

was eyeballing a new Speed Triple sitting on the showroom floor of Temple City Powersports. The new design is beautiful and it is soooo small. It is about the same size as a Buell now, but looks meaner with those bug eyes. The duel upswept pipes showing off that sexy single sided swing arm are great. Unfortunately the one on the shop was blue, must be black to be truly bad ass.

I used to have a Thunderbird Sport and loved the engine and sound it made. Man that triple is going to be calling to me in my sleep now.
jjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #23
rapier
Founding Member

So what are those sales numbers? In the US for example, vs say Kawi?

Assuming they are making money what I'm wondering how many sales you need to keep afloat? I suppose there are so many variables it's imposssible to say for sure.

I will say this. It is an incredible achievement to start from scratch as they did in this day and age and make a go of it in manufacturing in someplace other than asia.

HERE HERE, PIP PIP and all that for Triumph

Polaris deserves a good golf clap at least too.

rapier is offline   Reply With Quote