Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #41
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Oh yeah, saw a 1098 for the first time in the flesh at a gas station tonight. I was checking it out and the guy told me to get away from it. I nearly kicked it over. Ass.
Sounds like a douche-bag. I actually appreciate it when people admire my bike.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #42
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I paid $2300 for it. Only got 36K on it total. Needed new fork seals and steering head bearings but otherwise was running like a charm. I've got dual piston calipers from an '82 to install that should improve the braking quite a bit. My wife really likes the rear seat so I guess I'm stuck with it for a while. LOL!

The only thing I had to do was change the cam belts, a pretty easy job as I recall. Mine was black and had been down a few times with a sandpaper and rattle can touch up, so cosmetically interesting...still I needed a bike, winter was coming on and I was poor as a church mouse so the GW was it. It was a decent bike and got me through the winter. I sold it when I got my income tax return and bought the '87 Ninja, I rode that for around 5 years till I got the new VFR in '97.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #43
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
Sounds like a douche-bag. I actually appreciate it when people admire my bike.
My favorite gas station oogling story was way back in 2000. My brother and I were filling up and he was on his new 996, I on my KLR 650. A guy jumps out of his car, runs over to my KLR and starts raving, "is that the new KLR, love the color, about time they did away with the horrible paint schemes, what have you done with it, bla bla bla." My brother is posing next to his 996 and they guy never even looked over. Too funny...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #44
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
My favorite gas station oogling story was way back in 2000. My brother and I were filling up and he was on his new 996, I on my KLR 650. A guy jumps out of his car, runs over to my KLR and starts raving, "is that the new KLR, love the color, about time they did away with the horrible paint schemes, what have you done with it, bla bla bla." My brother is posing next to his 996 and they guy never even looked over. Too funny...
Hehehe As was pointed out by airhawk in another thread, we're a fractious lot. Some of us have very broad riding interests others are more specific. Most of the time when I tell people what kind of bike I have they ask me to repeat it several times and then tell me they've never heard of it. *shrug*
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #45
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
Hehehe As was pointed out by airhawk in another thread, we're a fractious lot. Some of us have very broad riding interests others are more specific. Most of the time when I tell people what kind of bike I have they ask me to repeat it several times and then tell me they've never heard of it. *shrug*
You don't even want to know people who don't know what a Tuono is. That's a good way to pick yer friends.