Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
sfarson

Default Video Ride to the Top of Loveland Pass, Colorado

Just to add some content here, and if interested in a 3:30 scoot to the top of Loveland Pass...

http://www.farson.com/video/k12sloveland.wmv

The ride/recording begins at the Loveland Ski Area. David Benoit's "Linus & Lucy" accompanies.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't you just hate the way those highway @ssholes have taken all the passing zones away and you've got nothing but double yellow lines forever now? Nothing like getting stuck behind some belching motorhome piloted by some octogenarian doing 30mph.

Nice road though. Looks a lot like Hwy6, 60 miles long between Provo and Price, Ut. The ride from Ft Collins to Laramie and then over the Snowy Range is not to be missed either.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
sfarson

Yes... Came across a few vehicles gawking at the scenery, or terrified of the drop-ofs... or both.

And I know all about the summertime belching road blocks here, comes times called RV's, here in Colorado.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

If I'm not mistaken, that's the new Concours 14? I'm pretty sure, but my resolution isn't that great. If so, LUCKY YOU!!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
sfarson

It would be the BMW K1200S. One of my favorite bikes of all time. But that new Concours looks sweet as well.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
It would be the BMW K1200S. One of my favorite bikes of all time. But that new Concours looks sweet as well.
I got a call last night from a lady who is representing a Japanese fellow. She says he'll pay the ridiculous price I'm asking for my 77 Low Rider. IF it's not BS, AND I can actually part with the HD, THEN I might actually own one of them cool-o Kawi Concours 14s. Apparently whatever genetic code creates the BMW lust is missing from my gene pool. Which is good, cause I can't afford them!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Neat video, I love getting up in the mountains.

Funny about the Concours and BMW, I faced that same dilemma in '86.... buy one of the new dope as sh*t BMW K bikes or the equally new and equally dope as sh*t Kawi Concours...

I bought the K bike and never really looked back. Now if I had the dosh It'd be a toss up once again between the K1200GT and the Concours 1400. I guess it's true, the more it changes the more it stays the same LOL

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote