Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Ride Stories

Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I never got off the boat in Rota, I spent a few days at Sigonella though waiting for the boat.

Palma was great, I liked Torremolinos as well. I wound up with a poloroid of me holding some dam* Chimpanzee from there....I guess some street guy was selling pictures of you holding his chimp for a couple of bucks, I was pretty hammered so I don't recall much I'm afraid...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeh, because of the phamacies in Palma selling everything from 10 mg valium to 15 mg. benzadrine I have a few blurry poloroids of giant glasses of sangria, monkies and old ladies in black dresses shaking their heads at the wasted american squid crawling back to fleet landing on my knees. I still have the scars...
Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #13
pushrod
Founding Member

I remember successfully keeping my running mate (the A-Division Officer) from rolling off the quaywall into the water while we waited at Fleet Landing for the next boat.

I don't recall where the heck that was, though. The locals spoke Spanish, if I recall correctly...

Then there was the time we called on Toulon, France in December. We must have had 3" of snow on the Flight Deck. I helped the EOD team recover a Huffer that a yellow-shirt had accidently launched over the side.

I made a detour one evening on the way to some restaurant. I walked into one of the 'Houses', looked around, and took a big noseful of the air.

A buddy asked me what the hell I was doing, and I told him that I now knew exactly what a French *****house smelled like.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote