Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   NYPD Nab 350 Bikes, Issue 5,900 Citations. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4571-nypd-nab-350-bikes-issue-5-900-citations.html)

mscuddy 06-12-2007 01:46 PM

Re: Oui oui

If he dropped like a sack of taters, he was probalby a bosuns mate (black shoe). Us Airdales would be too loaded to feel anything, and we'd just stumble back to the bar for another Cuba Libre...

bigjames 06-12-2007 01:58 PM

Re: NYPD Nab 350 Bikes, Issue 5,900 Citations.

You know, they probably saved a few lives by doing this. To many unlicensed riders having too many accidents all over the place. No license, no ride, however, they should do the exact same thing with the cagers! You know there have to be a lot of folks in NYC who never bothered getting a drivers license! Same mentality, just different ride. And to the posters claiming a catch 22 on the no license bit, get a friend who has a license and they can take the bike home once THEY get the bike legal...one would think that this would have been taken care of at the time of purchase, it is way down south in Georgia...

seruzawa 06-12-2007 02:46 PM

Oh yeah? In my experience airdales are usually passed out under the table long before the snipes and bosun's mates are even half loaded.

seruzawa 06-12-2007 02:58 PM

I'll bet that they didn't save one single life. Licenses are largely toilet paper. Car licenses are jokes and m/c licenses are beneath pathetic. If you think otherwise just look at all the 3/4 blind codgers driving at 20 under the speed limit. The DMVs give out licenses if the oldsters are merely breathing.

testcase 06-12-2007 03:06 PM

I think you only need the license to arrange for financing, no?

NLJ 06-12-2007 03:27 PM

Everyone rants and raves about this. They do the same thing with cagers. Who here hasn't passed a seatbelt check point. You have to verify your license, registration, and insurance at these stops. If you don't have all of the above they impound your car. Simple as that. If you have a licensed driver in the car with you they will let that person drive away but you still get a citation.

Do the right thing and they can't take your bike. Simple as that.

mscuddy 06-12-2007 03:37 PM

..those were weak airdales, the ones who cross-rated over from the blackshoe rates.

Real airdales can hold down five blue valuims, a gallon of sangria and 1/2 oz of red leb before passing out.

Obviously you stand corrected. pre whiz-quiz Navy of course..

BrowningBAR 06-12-2007 03:47 PM

Never gone through a seat belt check. Again, another waste of resources.

The_AirHawk 06-12-2007 04:08 PM

I've gone through more seatbelt/sobriety checkpoints than I can remember. Usually on a moto. If I'm riding, only once have they bothered to ask for my license (and that was in another State, with my Wife and a friend of ours on their bikes too) - usually just wave me on through. I guess the lack of wobbliness as I rode up to the cops was half a clue I wasn't drunk, and that's really what they were looking for.

johnnyb 06-12-2007 04:11 PM

it's people like you who make America great.