Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-24-2006, 04:21 AM   #21
TomSmith

Default Re: AMA Analyzing Court Decision That Blocks ''Roadless'' Plan.

Not only did "honesty and integrity" Clinton close a lot of areas to off-road activities, he also ordered the roads to be destroyed. This prevents fire fighters from entering the areas. If hikers were also banned in order to prevent all human "destruction", I bet the Sierra Club would choke. They want the areas for themselves.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2006, 04:27 AM   #22
electraglider_1997

Didn't read any of it.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:04 AM   #23
Gritboy

Well said Obandoj! "What kind of a free country would we be if we could not go out and enjoy the great outdoors..." indeed!

I ride on- and off-road, camp, fish, hunt, hike, mountain bike, etc. all the time on both my own land and on public lands. I don't want land to become banned to people... period. A balance of protecting and using these places is what's needed, not banning public access, or opening it up further to special business interests when we have plenty of resource areas already designated for business'.

In truth, after so many years of reading, living, and hearing from the so-called government we have, and how they pass laws supposedly to protect and improve our nation -- in my book, control us -- yet in the end just serve special interest and themselves, I'm sometimes left wondering... "Do these politicians care what legacy they leave behind for their grandchildren in terms of country or the planet?"

Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #24
obandoj
Founding Member

They do not care one bit, all they see is instant gratification, profits, and above all else, POWER. And future generations and our little rock be dammed! They sure are a despicable bunch, are'nt they? The scariest part is that it is a global syndrome.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #25
ksquid

Default Rebuttal

1. Most in fact 98% of forest fires are started by lighting, not man. I was a fire fighter for 6 seasons. My brother-in-law was the District Ranger of Medicine Bow National forest now he works in D.C.

2. All wilderness areas have a let burn policy. fires can be good for the environment.

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #26
ksquid

Yep you are right. Like I bet Buz doesn't read this

"Mr. Akerlof, a 2001 Nobel laureate in economics, bluntly declared on Tuesday that "the Bush fiscal policy is the worst policy in the last 200 years." Speaking at a press conference arranged by the Economic Policy Institute, Mr. Akerlof, a professor at the University of California at Berkeley, said, "Within 10 years, we’re going to pay a serious price for such irresponsibility."
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote