Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Vendors Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 04:25 AM   #11
fumanchu
Founding Member

neato byke. 57mph is plenty fast for a beach community or downtown area, and parking would be a cinch (not that it's difficult with a normal motorscalpel).

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #12
HARDKNOCK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
The vids were the clincher for me. It actually looks like a good buy at $1600. I'm in an area where I can get away with a bike with a top speed of 57. I wonder if you can get more top speed out of it?
Yeah you can change the sprocket size, upgrade carb, hell you could throw a diferent engine in. Fits a 200cc vertical easy. You could also change cdi, bore it out, etc. Thanks
HARDKNOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #13
HARDKNOCK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
It's a freeking Chinese copy of the venerable Honda 90 motor. Poweroll cam, big carb, straight pipe, change the alternator to a magneto, you know, all the trick stuff you did to your honda 90 when you was a kid. My '69 SL90 did 80 mph with all the trick parts, right before it blew up in a cloud of white smoke and shards of metal. I think they're cool, would be even cooler with a B&S Vanguard V Twin though...
Well for the price you really can't beat it. The parts are all good quality parts, compared to other chinese stuff. Great starter bike for the kiddos, or just goofin off at the races or the rallies. Thanks for looking guys.
HARDKNOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

"Well for the price you really can't beat it"

Didja ever think of using the 15hp Briggs & Stratton 350cc Vangard V twin? Without the cooling shrouds, it's a pretty neat looking little motor. You could use an in-house built copy of the Cushman 2 speed trans, suicide shift and all (Belt primary). Pretty basic design, sliding gear transmission.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #15
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu View Post
neato byke. 57mph is plenty fast for a beach community or downtown area, and parking would be a cinch (not that it's difficult with a normal motorscalpel).
Your avatar is really frakkin' disturbing. In a strange, neo-con way..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote