Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Rumor Mill & New Model News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/)
-   -   2007 sport-touring shoot-out (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-rumor-mill-new-model-news/6154-2007-sport-touring-shoot-out.html)

npanta 08-10-2007 06:58 AM

2007 sport-touring shoot-out
 
Dear staff:
When you will make the Kawasaki Concours vs BMW K1200GT vs Yamaha FJR1300 vs Honda ST1300 shoot-out, please make sure to run 100 miles with a passenger on each bike and have his opinion recorded as well.
Thanks,
NP

longride 08-10-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npanta (Post 167365)
Dear staff:
When you will make the Kawasaki Concours vs BMW K1200GT vs Yamaha FJR1300 vs Honda ST1300 shoot-out, please make sure to run 100 miles with a passenger on each bike and have his opinion recorded as well.
Thanks,
NP


Anything else? :rolleyes:

Kenneth_Moore 08-10-2007 07:38 AM

Since You Ask
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 167369)
Anything else? :rolleyes:

Make sure there are representatives from each of the key weight classes, Large, Really Large, and Jumbo Deluxe.

Include one manic-depressive, one who loathes motorcycles to begin with, and one chronic alcoholic who smokes heavily.

Ensure the passengers fill their bags with lead bars or whatever the equivalent they actually put in their bags is.

Include one passenger who's just started dating the rider, one who's just about to divorce the rider, and one passenger who you're not sure what her real first name is, but goes by something like "Amber Lynn."

longride 08-10-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 167370)
Make sure there are representatives from each of the key weight classes, Large, Really Large, and Jumbo Deluxe.

Include one manic-depressive, one who loathes motorcycles to begin with, and one chronic alcoholic who smokes heavily.

Ensure the passengers fill their bags with lead bars or whatever the equivalent they actually put in their bags is.

Include one passenger who's just started dating the rider, one who's just about to divorce the rider, and one passenger who you're not sure what her real first name is, but goes by something like "Amber Lynn."


Sounds reasonable! 8-)

BrowningBAR 08-10-2007 07:45 AM

Excellent. That would be a solid review.

Include a single, bitter, middle-aged man that was just dragged through a nasty divorce and the shoot-out would be complete.

longride 08-10-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 167373)
Excellent. That would be a solid review.

Include a single, bitter, middle-aged man that was just dragged through a nasty divorce and the shoot-out would be complete.

I'm in! :-D

Kenneth_Moore 08-10-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 167373)
Excellent. That would be a solid review.

Include a single, bitter, middle-aged man that was just dragged through a nasty divorce and the shoot-out would be complete.

I'm only available for that if the shoot-out in within a 100 miles of Ft. Lauderdale.

SmokeU 08-10-2007 08:04 AM

I'm technically single, not middle aged, nor bitter, BUT I would still love to take part in that test. Maybe I'd even bring my Concours along to compare the old with the new. :-)

sachiwilson 08-10-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 167373)
Excellent. That would be a solid review.

Include a single, bitter, middle-aged man that was just dragged through a nasty divorce and the shoot-out would be complete.

You bastids. What about the growing number of women riders who want to know all about these bikes too? I could just have known that you would have completely ignored us if I weren't around to whip you all into line.

We need to have an equal complement of women testers too. Complete with whiny male passengers. ;)

SmokeU 08-10-2007 08:24 AM

Well I can be a whiny male passenger too!! :-D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.