Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Reviews (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-reviews/)
-   -   Triumph ABS or any ABS (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-reviews/14829-triumph-abs-any-abs.html)

jmdonald 03-28-2010 08:58 PM

Triumph ABS or any ABS

Greetings all you MOron bastards.Does anyone have any experience with Triumph ABS? Do you like it? Are any there compromises? Hell, I'll take any feedback about any ABS systems you may be using. Though I have never owned a bike with it I have ridden a few BMW's that have it. Recently an R1200r with current generation set up that I was impressed with. Also a previous generation servo system that I felt sucked. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

seruzawa 03-29-2010 05:31 AM

I've used the ABS on my Tiger twice now. Once when the rear tried to skid on some gravel. Another time when some fool bytch jumped out in front of me in her PT Cruiser from a K-Mart parking lot. Both times it worked flawlessly. Just grab the handle and no worries about stoppies or skidding. Otherwise the brakes feel like normal brakes. I'm sold on it.

jmdonald 03-29-2010 06:40 AM

Great Input

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 238312)
I've used the ABS on my Tiger twice now. Once when the rear tried to skid on some gravel. Another time when some fool bytch jumped out in front of me in her PT Cruiser from a K-Mart parking lot. Both times it worked flawlessly. Just grab the handle and no worries about stoppies or skidding. Otherwise the brakes feel like normal brakes. I'm sold on it.

Thanks Seru,just the response I have been looking for.You covered all the bases.

sarnali2 03-29-2010 08:27 AM

I have the triple disc Brembo ABS on my ElectraGlide Standard, ditto what Seruzawa says, it works like a charm specially on wet roads. I rode an '02 BMW for awhile with the power assisted linked ABS set-up and didn't care for that at all. I would have learned to ride around its idiosyncrasy's after awhile but at the time I just didn't care to make the effort. BMW has since changed there logarithms so I would assume it's a little more user friendly now.

I'd recommend ABS for anyone, in a panic type drop the anchor and pray situation it can make all the difference in the world.

A Star Ride 03-29-2010 08:35 AM

I would like ABS on a bike due to knowing it saved me some bumpers on cars over the years and hope for that same reliability on 2 wheels. I wonder if the accident I had this winter hitting the slush would have been avoided had I not been controling my skid into a snow bank and low siding my bike. I knew I was on wet slick surfaces and afraid to brake too firmly wanting to keep the bikes weight over the tires, ABS may have given me that edge to not had to laid it down.

jmdonald 03-29-2010 03:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback boys. The pros out weigh the cons. It will be on the next bike. And it's only taken me 15 years to make this decision.At least I got that going for me.

Dr_Sprocket 03-29-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 238312)
...it worked flawlessly. Just grab the handle and no worries about stoppies or skidding. Otherwise the brakes feel like normal brakes. I'm sold on it.

Shouldn't have said that. Now you're going to have to endure the wrath of Moke.

;)

The_AirHawk 03-29-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 238374)
Shouldn't have said that. Now you're going to have to endure the wrath of Moke.

;)

He'll NEVER learn how to brake properly, now!

Dr_Sprocket 03-29-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 238375)
He'll NEVER learn how to brake properly, now!

Right, because all of these new technological advancements were made for people who don't know how to ride properly.

sarnali2 03-29-2010 06:33 PM

He's just taking the easy way out, the bum.......