Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   2009 Triumph Twins receive EFI (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/9464-2009-triumph-twins-receive-efi.html)

Administrator 09-09-2008 02:09 PM

2009 Triumph Twins receive EFI

Original Article:
2009 Triumph Twins receive EFI

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Triumph Twins receive EFI in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 09-10-2008 08:55 AM

TUSA had a Bonnie Black at Mid-Ohio with the EFI.

The Triumph guy said it ran just like the carb'd version, except there was no cold-start procedure (no 'choke'). He said it appeared to get better fuel economy, but he didn't have any numbers yet.

acecycleins 09-10-2008 09:05 AM

Triumph: Stepping into the 21st Century with the coolest "retro" bikes on the market.

Fake carbs- funny ;-)

sarnali2 09-10-2008 01:06 PM

Not fake carbs..throttlebody fuel injectors..

Since they're going that route they should pattern them after Amal Concentrics and have a small tank of Blendzal or Castrol R that's trickled in to the fuel stream, maybe a small puff of smoke from under the seat now and then...

Kidding, I think new Trumpies are the bees knees

Kenneth_Moore 09-10-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 193349)

Fake carbs- funny ;-)

I thought making FI look like carbs was a pretty funny comment too. I wonder if they can make airboxes that look like those old cone-shaped sponge covered air filters.

seruzawa 09-10-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 193362)
Not fake carbs..throttlebody fuel injectors..

Since they're going that route they should pattern them after Amal Concentrics and have a small tank of Blendzal or Castrol R that's trickled in to the fuel stream, maybe a small puff of smoke from under the seat now and then...

Kidding, I think new Trumpies are the bees knees

Or faux float ticklers with a hidden fuel supply so you can drip gasoline all over the cases.

mscuddy 09-10-2008 04:33 PM

Ah who cares? The motor looks like a big lump that was copied from the CM400T Honda. Yawn. About as fast too. Tweet tweet tweet goes the exhaust pipes...what a sad ending to a classic design.

Kenneth_Moore 09-10-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 193386)
Ah who cares? The motor looks like a big lump that was copied from the CM400T Honda. Yawn. About as fast too. Tweet tweet tweet goes the exhaust pipes...what a sad ending to a classic design.

I'm going to go hang myself now. BRB.

sarnali2 09-10-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

awww they're fun bikes and they have a great deal of potential and aftermarket support. I enjoyed the two I owned a great deal, if I was of a smaller stature I'd still have my T100.

newagetwotone 09-11-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Wow, did someone p*ssed in your cheerios today?