Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 37
Default Spies to race 2010 MotoGP season


Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//news/spies-to-race-2010-motogp-season-88765.html">Spies to race 2010 MotoGP season</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Spies to race 2010 MotoGP season in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

I hate it when I get the 'ol end a round. Made a great call on the WSBK contract only to watch Ben pull the trigger on the Tech 3 squad a month later. Glad he's going. It'll be Tech's best shot at wins in years.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

It will be fun to watch his progress. The kid's got talent.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Whoa - a Suzuki rider who conquers the AMA, then challenges himself by stepping up a class? And then does it again?

Hey, Matt, if you and Ben are tight, see if he'll lend you some of his extra balls.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Nice!! How Mat would've performed in WSB is a question that should've been answered years ago.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Nice!! How Mat would've performed in WSB is a question that should've been answered years ago.
Where's LR on that chime in? Or Moke?

Did you read Chris Martin's take on Speed? Pretty decent. I really believe that Blake Young and Tommy Aquino are the best two talents for WSK's future, but Aquino in GP2 would be a sight.

BTW- Duke, when do the black pocket Ts go on sale? $10 each. Motorcycle.com on front and how about "Are you a MOron?" on back.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.

Last edited by acecycleins; 10-01-2009 at 11:56 AM..
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Nice!! How Mat would've performed in WSB is a question that should've been answered years ago.
Ya think? Mat stuck around AMA racing just long enough to ruin it for everyone involved including the fans instead of challenging the best riders and himself. Mat would have been a mid-packer at best in GP and maybe an occasional podium in WSB, but him being a champion in either series was a pipe dream. He knew it, and that's why he never went to either, and his over-inflated ego would have never handled THAT. He was busy lapping the has-been's, never-were's, and never-will-bee's here in the states and acting like a complete pr!ck the entire time. And what a wonderful spokesman he was for AMA racing. He complained that the other riders sucked, the tracks sucked, and the whole AMA organization sucked........yet he never left. He did drive away just about every fan that was interested in racing to the point that even the AMA cried Uncle. Mat Mladin is a fantastic example of how someone can be a bad winner. How's that Ace?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
BTW- Duke, when do the black pocket Ts go on sale? $10 each. Motorcycle.com on front and how about "Are you a MOron?" on back.
Hey - I'd buy a couple. Even at $15.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Ya think? Mat stuck around AMA racing just long enough to ruin it for everyone involved including the fans instead of challenging the best riders and himself. Mat would have been a mid-packer at best in GP and maybe an occasional podium in WSB, but him being a champion in either series was a pipe dream. He knew it, and that's why he never went to either, and his over-inflated ego would have never handled THAT. He was busy lapping the has-been's, never-were's, and never-will-bee's here in the states and acting like a complete pr!ck the entire time. And what a wonderful spokesman he was for AMA racing. He complained that the other riders sucked, the tracks sucked, and the whole AMA organization sucked........yet he never left. He did drive away just about every fan that was interested in racing to the point that even the AMA cried Uncle. Mat Mladin is a fantastic example of how someone can be a bad winner. How's that Ace?
Better. Thanks for the reality dose. Carry on.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Hey - I'd buy a couple. Even at $15.
Plain white font like the site. Keep it simple. I have a great screen guy that prints my shirts. Betcha he'd wheel n deal. Just make sure you get the FTL Ts. It's better cotton.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off