Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle Mods and Maintenance

Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #11
bbtowns
Founding Member

Post when you ride below freezing for god sake, a day above 40 doesn't qualify as hardy. I have to say I have had to adjust valves on most of the bikes I've owned. My oilhead BMW would always have at least 2 valves needing adjustment, they may still have been in spec, but I like my valves at the wide end of the adjustment range. My Strom has needed 2 new shims at 60K and 4 at 15K (I let 2 go that were about mid-way through the range at 90K), my Ducati regularly needs adjustment, and my Concours typically needs the screw and locknut adjusted on a couple of valves every 25K or so. I do all my own valve adjustments, so this isn't a shop blowing smoke and earning some extra money.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtowns View Post
Post when you ride below freezing for god sake, a day above 40 doesn't qualify as hardy.

I try not to ride below freezing these days. Anyway I'm not trying to brag, when Pushrod and I were on the boat together he was an Engineering Division Officer and I was a lowly BT3, now that were back in the civilian world these many years later I take an admittidly juvenile pleasure in lightly poking fun at an old shipmate and his 51 degree riding excursions......

LR, Those Bandits are a ball eh? talk about a sleeper. Dirt cheap decent handling and butt-loads of torque, comfy as a couch to boot........

Pretty tough to beat!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sachiwilson; 04-09-2008 at 03:28 PM..
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Default A BT3, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I try not to ride below freezing these days. Anyway I'm not trying to brag, when Pushrod and I were on the boat together he was an Engineering Division Officer and I was a lowly BT3, now that were back in the civilian world these many years later I take an admittidly juvenile pleasure in lightly poking fun at an old shipmate and his 51 degree riding excursions......

LR, Those Bandits are a ball eh? talk about a sleeper. Dirt cheap decent handling and butt-loads of torque, comfy as a couch to boot........

Pretty tough to beat!
I know now just what kind of 'phantoms' you were flying.

Looks like you got the tomahawk chop too.

Last edited by seruzawa; 04-09-2008 at 04:41 PM..
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote