Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2008 Travertson V-REX Review (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/7267-2008-travertson-v-rex-review.html)

Buzglyd 02-14-2008 12:57 PM

And what about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 178863)
Kevin, did you get any hints as to the production numbers for this bike and it's next iteration? Also, do you know whatever happened to the Y2K bike builder? When it first came out, I had the impression from some of the magazine articles that they were going to be produced on an ongoing basis. They apparently invested a lot of time and money in design and engineering; more than you might expect for a "one off" deal.

The MotoCzkyz? I've had my "lifestyle t-shirt" for years now!

seruzawa 02-14-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Kevin, did you get any hints as to the production numbers for this bike and it's next iteration? Also, do you know whatever happened to the Y2K bike builder? When it first came out, I had the impression from some of the magazine articles that they were going to be produced on an ongoing basis. They apparently invested a lot of time and money in design and engineering; more than you might expect for a "one off" deal.

Investment is the operative word. Some of these guys just string investors along for years. Good work if you can get it.

sarnali2 02-14-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 178866)
Investment is the operative word. Some of these guys just string investors along for years. Good work if you can get it.

As soon as I sell my E-H stock I'm getting in on the ground floor with this one!!!

Kevin_Duke 02-14-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Actually, you can still get your very own turbine bike for the low, low price of $175,000: MTT- Turbine SUPERBIKE, Y2K bike, Jet Bike, Jay Leno’s motorcycle

Christian Travert, the V-Rex guy, engineered the Y2K turbine bike, but he no longer has any affiliation with those guys. Oh, and they're not calling it the Y2K anymore. It's now called "Superbike."

The MotoCzysz guys are a whole 'nother story.

sfcdjevans 02-14-2008 02:31 PM

While we're not on the subject what became of the "Fisher"? The American Sport Bike....

The_AirHawk 02-14-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcdjevans (Post 178878)
While we're not on the subject what became of the "Fisher"? The American Sport Bike....

Fischer Motor Company

Granted, they still have stuff from the '06 models on the site, but I saw a pic of the '07 (looks just like '06) awhile back.

On their "Orders" page, there's this:

Quote:

The ADVANCED 2008 Fischer MRX is coming soon. Please inquire for information. You can place your order to be one the first 2008 Owners by calling the Fischer Motor Company at (410)957-3840.

sfcdjevans 02-14-2008 02:42 PM

Guess I should have looked. Too busy taking the online PS101 class being given on an other thread.

The_AirHawk 02-14-2008 02:48 PM

I really would like to seem them pull a "Buell" - sell enough bikes with someone-else's engine in it until they've enough experience and equity in the company to finance their OWN engine design (even if someone else is building it).

I've heard no complaints about the Hyosung mill, though.

Kenneth_Moore 02-14-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 178875)
Actually, you can still get your very own turbine bike for the low, low price of $175,000: [url=http://marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp]MT

Crap, they don't take PayPal. Damned if I'm just going to mail a check or hand out my Visa number!

12er 02-14-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opie (Post 178834)
You know, I actually had one of those awhile back. It was blue. They called it the GTS 1000. Mine was cooler.

Last one I saw was at the USGS 3 years ago. Had about 75k on the clock but was still in near factory shape. The GTS looked a little heavy but I thought it was cool for what it was. How did it ride? Being an alteranative front end rider myself (telelever).