Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Bob0830
Registered Member

Default New Rider

Looking for some advice from seasoned Veterans!! I have not been on a motorcycle in over 20 years(Only trail bikes then). My wife has never beenon one before. What would be the best bike that would work for both of us to get into riding again. By the way she is about 5'5" tall and I am close to 6' Tall looking for something small and light enough for her yet still big enough for me to be comfortable on while I am polishing up the old skills. Any suggestions would be great.
Bob0830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Josie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob0830 View Post
Looking for some advice from seasoned Veterans!! I have not been on a motorcycle in over 20 years(Only trail bikes then). My wife has never beenon one before. What would be the best bike that would work for both of us to get into riding again. By the way she is about 5'5" tall and I am close to 6' Tall looking for something small and light enough for her yet still big enough for me to be comfortable on while I am polishing up the old skills. Any suggestions would be great.
Hi New Rider, I have both a 1997 Kawasaki 600cc Eliminator and a 2010 HD 1584cc WideGlide, the weight of the Harley would probably be intimidating for someone who is not an experienced rider, but the height of the seat to ground is great. The Kaw on is both low and light and is set up like a LowRider not a sport bike. It would fit you both, I know this because I sold mine to my nephew who is 6'2" and he looked good on it and I am 5'5". I bought it back because I liked it that much. If you can find one, and they are not easy to find, check it out. Make sure it is an older 500, 600 or 900cc~all the newer ones are only 125s.

Have fun riding, also, have your wife take a drivers safey course, they teach you alot, will make the fear out of learning and make her a more aware driver.

Last edited by Josie; 11-19-2010 at 12:09 PM..
Josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Get a Suzuke VStrom 650. Bullet-proof, fits tall people, good power without being overwhelming, it does everything pretty well, nothing poorly, and a few thing extremely well.

A benchmark"all-rounder."
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
thunderhousecycles
Registered Member

I would recommened something along the lines of a suzuki Boulavard C50 model, Yamaha V-star 1100, or a Kawasaki Vulcan. ALL these are really great bikes don't have to worry about breaking down and for the most part they are comfortable to take on short or even long rides.
thunderhousecycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Welcome- my advise is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. Bike bike look and middle-weight agility.