Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Victory Vision 8-Ball Review (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14350-2010-victory-vision-8-ball-review.html)

Administrator 02-10-2010 02:56 PM

2010 Victory Vision 8-Ball Review

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//manufacturer/victory/2010-victory-vision-8ball-review-89208.html">2010 Victory Vision 8-Ball Review</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Victory Vision 8-Ball Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 02-10-2010 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Could THIS be the inspiration for the Victory?

seruzawa 02-10-2010 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Or perhaps.... THIS???

Kenneth_Moore 02-10-2010 04:38 PM

Fonzie, the video rocked! Was there a motorcycle in it? No extraneous BS, just great riding shots and the music was a perfect fit. CW and MC may start putting those musical greeting card chips in their magazines, but until they do, you guys have it all over them!

longride 02-10-2010 06:30 PM

"Sure, the looks are something to get used to, but it’s been four years now, the bulbous fairing only looks big from the outside. Duke says it’s his favorite version of the Vision. "

Duke needs glasses already eh? The looks are 'something you get used to'?? I'd rather have someone else get used to lookin at that UGLY thing. 'Just horrible' is the only way to really describe it.

fonzie 02-10-2010 06:55 PM

I think we used to say that about you too Longride, then we learned how BIG you were! :) But thanks for the opinion; all the more Visions for me to ride!

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234242)
"Sure, the looks are something to get used to, but it’s been four years now, the bulbous fairing only looks big from the outside. Duke says it’s his favorite version of the Vision. "

Duke needs glasses already eh? The looks are 'something you get used to'?? I'd rather have someone else get used to lookin at that UGLY thing. 'Just horrible' is the only way to really describe it.

fonzie 02-10-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 234240)
Fonzie, the video rocked! Was there a motorcycle in it? No extraneous BS, just great riding shots and the music was a perfect fit. CW and MC may start putting those musical greeting card chips in their magazines, but until they do, you guys have it all over them!

Thanks Kenneth, just trying something new there with the video! But I'm curious, what would you consider extraneous BS? :) Help us help you guys.... thanks! - fz

longride 02-10-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 234247)
I think we used to say that about you too Longride, then we learned how BIG you were! :) But thanks for the opinion; all the more Visions for me to ride!

You da man Fonz, but that Bad Vision ain't you at all. Now that BSA chop you wuz ridin a bit back wuz da shyt man. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!

fonzie 02-10-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234256)
You da man Fonz, but that Bad Vision ain't you at all. Now that BSA chop you wuz ridin a bit back wuz da shyt man. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!

I take what I can get man. But I really do like the Vision. My BSA contains some Lucas parts and hasn't run in years. :)

hsjrev 02-11-2010 09:20 PM

Why does Victory hate ABS? Not "bad boy" enough for them?

sarnali2 02-12-2010 09:02 AM

Splendid, another pip-squeek special. WTF is with the low seat height on bikes now. I'm going to have to sit on phone books just to get some leg room to ride half these new bikes. One big advantage my FLHT has is a taller seat height plus my addition of a Harley Hammock seat that sit's an inch higher and further back.

By the way, what happened to that one fellow that thought Victories were so great? Must be out riding eh?

Kenneth_Moore 02-12-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 234249)
But I'm curious, what would you consider extraneous BS? :) Help us help you guys.... thanks! - fz

This video didn't suffer for the lack of commentary about the bike. That stuff is in the article anyway, so focusing on the ride, with a nice musical score, worked very well.

Kevin_Duke 02-12-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 234344)
Splendid, another pip-squeek special. WTF is with the low seat height on bikes now. I'm going to have to sit on phone books just to get some leg room to ride half these new bikes. One big advantage my FLHT has is a taller seat height plus my addition of a Harley Hammock seat that sit's an inch higher and further back.

By the way, what happened to that one fellow that thought Victories were so great? Must be out riding eh?

Market research shows that a prospective buyer's first impression of how a bike feels sitting on it has a major influence over the decision to purchase. A low seat height makes any bike feel more manageable.

pushrod 02-12-2010 09:59 AM

Ah, So!

I've determined that Chrome, when presented with the images in the threads and videos, refuses to play.

IE however, just works. And I'm not used to that.

seruzawa 02-12-2010 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or perhaps this was the stylist's inspiration.

Iman01 02-12-2010 11:11 AM

That sure is one funny looking bike.

sarnali2 02-12-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 234349)
Market research shows that a prospective buyer's first impression of how a bike feels sitting on it has a major influence over the decision to purchase. A low seat height makes any bike feel more manageable.

Ha!! typical short Canadian guy response.......

Some fellow Cheesehead Victory riders for you.....

YouTube - Lumber jack song

longride 02-12-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

What does the market research say when a bike is a total SK@NK from every conceivable angle?

pushrod 02-12-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234368)
What does the market research say when a bike is a total SK@NK from every conceivable angle?

I guess saying, "It isn't anywhere near as ugly as its big sister!" is faint praise, huh?

So, let's say this one is a 'Two bagger', and the original is a 'Three Bagger.'

And then add it to the list, with fat girls and scooters.

seruzawa 02-12-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234368)

It says market it heavily in Greenwich village and San Fransisco. There's gotta be some place where that swoopy styling is popular.

Star Trek conventions?

MOKE1K 02-12-2010 01:51 PM

I like the design of the Victories it's original.

fonzie 02-12-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 234350)
Ah, So!

I've determined that Chrome, when presented with the images in the threads and videos, refuses to play.

IE however, just works. And I'm not used to that.

Thanks man, now report that one to Google!
I similar news, I can't get the videos to play in Safari, so there! :)

A Star Ride 02-12-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

I dont dobut that but you think more dealers wold be open to custoers siting on the bikes.

Kevin_Duke 02-12-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 234360)
Ha!! typical short Canadian guy response.......

Some fellow Cheesehead Victory riders for you.....

YouTube - Lumber jack song

That's a classic!

Duken4evr 02-14-2010 08:19 AM

Ironically perhaps, the Vision's styling really comes together when it is converted by Lehman into a trike.

Lehman Trikes USA | The Premier Name in Three-Wheel Motorcycles

I could see in about 10 years wanting a basic 8 Ball syle Cross Country model with some pipes on it. As a sport bike rider, I appreciate the tech that has gone into the Vic's engine and frame design. The use of inverted forks on any bike is also big plus with me. Extra rigidity and steering precision, modern looks. Gotta have 'em. The Vision is not by cup of tea style wise, but the Cross Roads and Cross Country are fine.

I just need the kids gone, time to tour and the body to break down a little more. Definitely down the road, I will own a Victory :)

newagetwotone 02-14-2010 08:44 AM

Wow that actually looks pretty good duken.... The trike looks almost like a seamless edition rather than looking like an addon.

seruzawa 02-14-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 234495)
Ironically perhaps, the Vision's styling really comes together when it is converted by Lehman into a trike.

But where are the FTL flight vanes and rocket booster pods?

The_AirHawk 02-14-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 234503)
But where are the FTL flight vanes and rocket booster pods?

Concealed in panels next to the Vagin.... er, the Taillights........

pushrod 02-15-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 234512)
Concealed in panels next to the Vagin.... er, the Taillights........

Hooooo!

That is some unfortunate styling, isn't it?

At least they didn't put a centerline exhaust on it...

Prof. Krepotkin 02-17-2010 10:39 AM

The styling of all the Nessies has grown familiar and old. I don't like the look.

sarnali2 02-18-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 234560)
Hooooo!

That is some unfortunate styling, isn't it?

At least they didn't put a centerline exhaust on it...

Jeezus Sir, thanks for that mental image.........

Larry 03-09-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsjrev (Post 234321)
Why does Victory hate ABS? Not "bad boy" enough for them?

Victory surveyed potential buyers and the result was that most didn't want ABS nor were they willing to pay extra for it.

Other Vision models have available ABS... I saw one Saturday. Therefore, Victory doesn't hate ABS they just listened to the public and only offer it on flagship models.

Dr_Sprocket 03-09-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 236520)
Victory surveyed potential buyers and the result was that most didn't want ABS nor were they willing to pay extra for it.

And how did you come by that information?

BrowningBAR 03-10-2010 07:19 AM

If only the front turn signals were bigger...

Larry 05-29-2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 236521)
And how did you come by that information?

It is printed in several magazine reviews of the new Victory Cross-Dressers. It may even be someplace on the Victory website. I have read it more than once...