Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Victory Vision 8-Ball Review (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/14350-2010-victory-vision-8-ball-review.html)

sarnali2 02-12-2010 08:02 AM

Splendid, another pip-squeek special. WTF is with the low seat height on bikes now. I'm going to have to sit on phone books just to get some leg room to ride half these new bikes. One big advantage my FLHT has is a taller seat height plus my addition of a Harley Hammock seat that sit's an inch higher and further back.

By the way, what happened to that one fellow that thought Victories were so great? Must be out riding eh?

Kenneth_Moore 02-12-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzie (Post 234249)
But I'm curious, what would you consider extraneous BS? :) Help us help you guys.... thanks! - fz

This video didn't suffer for the lack of commentary about the bike. That stuff is in the article anyway, so focusing on the ride, with a nice musical score, worked very well.

Kevin_Duke 02-12-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 234344)
Splendid, another pip-squeek special. WTF is with the low seat height on bikes now. I'm going to have to sit on phone books just to get some leg room to ride half these new bikes. One big advantage my FLHT has is a taller seat height plus my addition of a Harley Hammock seat that sit's an inch higher and further back.

By the way, what happened to that one fellow that thought Victories were so great? Must be out riding eh?

Market research shows that a prospective buyer's first impression of how a bike feels sitting on it has a major influence over the decision to purchase. A low seat height makes any bike feel more manageable.

pushrod 02-12-2010 08:59 AM

Ah, So!

I've determined that Chrome, when presented with the images in the threads and videos, refuses to play.

IE however, just works. And I'm not used to that.

seruzawa 02-12-2010 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or perhaps this was the stylist's inspiration.

Iman01 02-12-2010 10:11 AM

That sure is one funny looking bike.

sarnali2 02-12-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 234349)
Market research shows that a prospective buyer's first impression of how a bike feels sitting on it has a major influence over the decision to purchase. A low seat height makes any bike feel more manageable.

Ha!! typical short Canadian guy response.......

Some fellow Cheesehead Victory riders for you.....

YouTube - Lumber jack song

longride 02-12-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 234349)

What does the market research say when a bike is a total [email protected] from every conceivable angle?

pushrod 02-12-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234368)
What does the market research say when a bike is a total [email protected] from every conceivable angle?

I guess saying, "It isn't anywhere near as ugly as its big sister!" is faint praise, huh?

So, let's say this one is a 'Two bagger', and the original is a 'Three Bagger.'

And then add it to the list, with fat girls and scooters.

seruzawa 02-12-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234368)

It says market it heavily in Greenwich village and San Fransisco. There's gotta be some place where that swoopy styling is popular.

Star Trek conventions?