Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #61
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

It would be nice if a difference of opinion could simply be seen as from a varied but valid perspective. Like the Sportster: For all its charms, it is a fairly antiquated design, and I I've heard many of you bi-atch about the current model's chubby weight and lack of rear suspension travel.

All's I'm askin' is for a little more tolerance and a little less name callin'.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #62
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up Wow!

Wow!

I went to the local Triumph dealership today to check out the latest bikes. All I can say is "Wow!" regarding the new Thunderbird. In the photos, it's hard to get a feel for the dimensions of this bike. It looks rather small. In person, it has very strong presence, especially from the rider's position. Fit and finish are top-notch. The depth of the burgundy paint is phenomenal!

IF (and that's a big "if") I were to be in the market for a cruiser, the new Triumph Thunderbird would be on my short list for sure!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:47 AM   #63
JohnHN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Wow!

I went to the local Triumph dealership today to check out the latest bikes. All I can say is "Wow!" regarding the new Thunderbird. In the photos, it's hard to get a feel for the dimensions of this bike. It looks rather small. In person, it has very strong presence, especially from the rider's position. Fit and finish are top-notch. The depth of the burgundy paint is phenomenal!

IF (and that's a big "if") I were to be in the market for a cruiser, the new Triumph Thunderbird would be on my short list for sure!
It was on my short list too. I don't like where the tach/speedo is cause ya gotta take your eyes off the road too much. I bought a Victory Kingpin instead though. Heavy, yes, but visceral power and experience. Way out handles any Harley.
JohnHN is offline   Reply With Quote