Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   So I asked the KTM guy... (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10493-so-i-asked-ktm-guy.html)

sfcdjevans 01-25-2009 01:01 PM

So I asked the KTM guy...

I went to a local bike show, it's second annual, having been made aware of it by the dealership were I buy my parts. I was looking forward to seeing them there, yada, yada especially since I've heard that their Duc display was something to see.

They were no where to be found. So I asked the KTM guy from that same town and he said "The locksmiths and cops came and locked the place.". Something about owing $200,000.00 in taxes. Holy ****.

Now my issues, minor in comparision. I'm awaiting paid parts. What do you think my chances are of ever seeing those parts are? As the KTM guy said "You didn't have a bike in there did you?". Thank you, no.

seruzawa 01-25-2009 02:23 PM

Yes you are truly screwed. The govt will take the first $200K off the top, the banks and various creditors get the rest.

Kenneth_Moore 01-25-2009 06:29 PM

I used to lay awake at night thinking the guy who was rebuilding my Shovelhead would OD on something or other and I'd never get my bike out of his shop. I knew he owed the landlord a lot of money. He was courteous enough to have his massive heart attack and die about a year after he finished my bike. A couple of other guys weren't so lucky.

sarnali2 01-26-2009 08:00 AM

The best Knuckle-Pan-Shovel mechanic around here kicked off a couple of years ago, it was a major loss. That knowledge goes with them unfortunately.

pushrod 01-26-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 202421)
The best Knuckle-Pan-Shovel mechanic around here kicked off a couple of years ago, it was a major loss. That knowledge goes with them unfortunately.

Was he bored or stroked, or did he suffer from a bad ignition?

MOKE1K 01-26-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcdjevans (Post 202379)
I went to a local bike show, it's second annual, having been made aware of it by the dealership were I buy my parts. I was looking forward to seeing them there, yada, yada especially since I've heard that their Duc display was something to see.

They were no where to be found. So I asked the KTM guy from that same town and he said "The locksmiths and cops came and locked the place.". Something about owing $200,000.00 in taxes. Holy ****.

Now my issues, minor in comparision. I'm awaiting paid parts. What do you think my chances are of ever seeing those parts are? As the KTM guy said "You didn't have a bike in there did you?". Thank you, no.

I'am going to opt-out on this one just to stay on the positive side of things. I hope you do get them back.
Good luck.

sarnali2 01-26-2009 09:37 AM

Stroked apparently, leading to a voltage spike and blown fuse.....