Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #51
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
When it snows you can go skiing, snowboarding, or use a snowmobile. When it is really humid in Florida (which it is from February through November, and only mild relief in December and January) all you can do is sweat.
I have a saying here in Florida, it goes something like this, if it's too hot to wear gear, it's too hot to ride! But you know what, where still ridin!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #52
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm with you. The lousy winters in Utah pay for themselves up here by keeping all those left wing wackos who live and work in Oakland from moving here.

I'am Sorry, but dam, your so prejudice,

Together we stand,...divided we fall! Carry on...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #53
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I'd sooner poke my eye out with a bum's frostbitten index finger than move back to Florida.
Dont be so closed minded, there's many place's you can ride all year long without poking your eye out?...Snow suck's but hey if that's your thing?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #54
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I thought from prior post that most of you that lived in the cold ran all year long, from reading your post Iam finding that not to be so true.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #55
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I thought from prior post that most of you that lived in the cold ran all year long, from reading your post Iam finding that not to be so true.
We do ride all year. But ice and snow are...well...ice and snow. Can't do much about that.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #56
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I second BrowningBAR's comment. I do ride all year long. Temps are not the limiting factor, nor is rain. The prob we've been having here along the eastern seaboard is rain (lots of rain) with plummiting overnight temps. You wake up and there are ICE puddles everywhere.

As a matter of fact, I was driving to work yesterday. A construction truck (water tanker) had been leaking, leaving a trail of water on the road that had frozen, leaving a winding trail of ice a mile long. I kept thinking, "Man I'm glad I didn't ride today!"
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I second BrowningBAR's comment. I do ride all year long. Temps are not the limiting factor, nor is rain. The prob we've been having here along the eastern seaboard is rain (lots of rain) with plummiting overnight temps. You wake up and there are ICE puddles everywhere.

As a matter of fact, I was driving to work yesterday. A construction truck (water tanker) had been leaking, leaving a trail of water on the road that had frozen, leaving a winding trail of ice a mile long. I kept thinking, "Man I'm glad I didn't ride today!"
Why are we still discussing this? No one needs to justify a decision not to ride motorcycles in icy conditions. The people who do ride in icy conditions are the ones who still haven't justified their behavior properly.