Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Tech Support (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-tech-support/)
-   -   The most annoying thing about this forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-tech-support/18711-most-annoying-thing-about-forum.html)

A Star Ride 06-03-2011 05:05 AM

The most annoying thing about this forum

The SPAM. It's not just for dinner, it's for breakfast & an aftrernoon snack too. I would rather they fix the pic posting & disallow links alltogether. 12 spam posts this morning from same guy, 3-4 last night from a different guy. In the last 24 hours the spam has outnumbered the real posts. Rant over.

A Star Ride 06-03-2011 05:07 AM

Getting this all morning too:

Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following: •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
•Open the www.motorcycle.com home page, then try to open another page.
•Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.motorcycle.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Buzglyd 06-03-2011 06:01 AM

Dammit! I wanted to be the most annoying thing about this forum!

The update to this site was 10 years ago.

pushrod 06-03-2011 07:24 AM

(Pssst! A Star Ride! There is no "Motorcycle.com forum Technical Staff!)

(At least, as far as is apparent.)

One thing you can say, though. This site is consistent!

cloud9 06-03-2011 11:49 AM

The food pyramid recommends 2-4 serving of spam a day. Glad to see your getting your daily intake :p

Dr_Sprocket 06-04-2011 09:18 AM

I couldn't agree with you more!

AStarRide, I couldn't agree with you more! The spam is soooo getting on my nerves! Every morning, I get up and there are usually 10-20 spam posts. Aaargh!!!

seruzawa 06-05-2011 05:37 AM

The most annoying thing is the people who never stop complaining. Of course I have the power to handle that. Be glad that I'm not a "progressive". (Another word for fascist.)

A Star Ride 06-05-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 261106)
The most annoying thing is the people who never stop complaining. Of course I have the power to handle that. Be glad that I'm not a "progressive". (Another word for fascist.)

Do you feel I have a track record of complaining?

The_AirHawk 06-05-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 261115)
Do you feel I have a track record of complaining?

No - but I have one.

I've probably got more "Report This Post" submissions than the entire rest of the forum combined.....

seruzawa 06-05-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 261116)
No - but I have one.

I've probably got more "Report This Post" submissions than the entire rest of the forum combined.....

We are watching you.