Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Tech Support (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-tech-support/)
-   -   SPAM Issues on Motorcycle.Com (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-tech-support/18151-spam-issues-motorcycle-com.html)

The_AirHawk 04-04-2011 07:58 AM

SPAM Issues on Motorcycle.Com
 
OK, is there NOT ANY FCUKING THING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE ASS HOLES SPAMMING THE FORUMS????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeezus-fcuking-christ-on-a-fcuking-STICK!!!!!

User Drolux posted 122 SPAM's offering to Illegally-obtain Class II Narcotics, for shytes-sake!!

pushrod 04-04-2011 08:46 AM

The site bubba's have apparently run off (or they left for other reasons) all but two (to my count) Moderators.

So, unless they are up and looking when it happens, all the Spam is going to land and sit.

Oddly, the two Mods I'm thinking of are located in opposite corners of our great Country.

A Star Ride 04-04-2011 09:47 AM

I wonder if they could add a "flag as inappropiate" feature like Craigslist has? That way after a couple flag it, it'll be gone & "policed" by users not the mods? just an idea

Easy Rider 2 04-04-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 257994)
I wonder if they could add a "flag as inappropiate" feature like Craigslist has?

I doubt that's possible......as requiring manual approval for new members is a rather basic feature that's been around since the days of dialup BBS forums......and this software doesn't even have that.

We've been told before, in effect, "what you see is all we got".

As for "moderators", there seems to be two or three "company" people who post here fairly regularly. Do they not have moderator permissions too??

While it is a significant irritation for all, I don't see it as something to get all worked up about. Users always have a choice. I'd think that the owners would be more concerned about that than they seem to be though.

Morbo the Destroyer 04-04-2011 11:18 AM

Think of all the chances you'd miss to make fun of the spamming ass holes if they were gone.

pushrod 04-04-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 258001)
Think of all the chances you'd miss to make fun of the spamming ass holes if they were gone.

Yeah, like that "Klazy Ken" dude!

Man, that guy!

Buzglyd 04-05-2011 08:06 AM

You know it would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

The Fcuking MO board is a joke.

Damn Canadians ruined it!

sarnali2 04-05-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 258156)
You know it would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

The Fcuking MO board is a joke.

Damn Canadians ruined it!



That's it in a nutshell. I could delete and block spammers all day long and it's like peeing in the ocean. Untill the powers that be install some blocking software this is going to be an on going problem.

To be honest I really don't care anymore. I miss the camaraderie and all that but it's just not worth the effort. I go on Sport Touring .net now, much more fun site. These guys can go f*ck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

pushrod 04-05-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 258187)
That's it in a nutshell. I could delete and block spammers all day long and it's like peeing in the ocean. Untill the powers that be install some blocking software this is going to be an on going problem.

To be honest I really don't care anymore. I miss the camaraderie and all that but it's just not worth the effort. I go on Sport Touring .net now, much more fun site. These guys can go f*ck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose you need to split your time between ADV and STNet, with your garage inhabitants, eh?

sarnali2 04-05-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 258200)
I suppose you need to split your time between ADV and STNet, with your garage inhabitants, eh?


ADV is ok, lot's of internet tuff guys though which I find off-putting. The oilhead GS section is ok........I've been on STNet since I had my first Bandit but didn't post much, I enjoy the variaty and frankly it's much better run than the new MO.

I just had a chunk of my colon removed so I can't ride for a few weeks which is no fun, I don't know how those snow belt guys manage, I'd go flippin' nuts not riding for months at a time every year.

pushrod 04-05-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 258203)
ADV is ok, lot's of internet tuff guys though which I find off-putting. The oilhead GS section is ok........I've been on STNet since I had my first Bandit but didn't post much, I enjoy the variaty and frankly it's much better run than the new MO.

I just had a chunk of my colon removed so I can't ride for a few weeks which is no fun, I don't know how those snow belt guys manage, I'd go flippin' nuts not riding for months at a time every year.

I've tried ADV, but it's too hard to keep up.

I spend a lot of time on TRat.net...

Hope the surgery went well! Are you going to change your handle to " ; "? ;)

Buzglyd 04-05-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 258203)
ADV is ok, lot's of internet tuff guys though which I find off-putting. The oilhead GS section is ok........I've been on STNet since I had my first Bandit but didn't post much, I enjoy the variaty and frankly it's much better run than the new MO.

I just had a chunk of my colon removed so I can't ride for a few weeks which is no fun, I don't know how those snow belt guys manage, I'd go flippin' nuts not riding for months at a time every year.

Hope you're feeling better.

Did you leave the puffy hat on during the surgery or did they give you some kind of surgical puffy hat?

sarnali2 04-05-2011 01:42 PM

no puffy hat, no stripped coveralls....I couldn't even keep my big white coffee mug. I had a puffy hospital gown though, I insisted on that!

A Star Ride 04-05-2011 05:01 PM

he's apparently taken some Forum-Viagra, and is going strong for hours on end - shooting his wad every 2 or 3 minutes.

You crack me up. Should be a writer

pplassm 04-06-2011 05:56 AM

Gee, Sarnali. Get well, bro!

Dr_Sprocket 04-06-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 258203)
I just had a chunk of my colon removed so I can't ride for a few weeks which is no fun, I don't know how those snow belt guys manage, I'd go flippin' nuts not riding for months at a time every year.

Heal well, Sarnali!

sarnali2 04-06-2011 12:14 PM

Thanks for the good wishes guys. Things seem to be going well so I'm pretty optomistic

mscuddy 04-06-2011 04:14 PM

My website has anti-spam software that knocks the user out of the forum by identifying some key words used in Spam. It is shareware too, free. And Buz, you have been infected with some virus that sends Spam messages to everybody in your address book, unless you were serious about the Acai Berry nonsense.

Buzglyd 04-06-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 258275)
My website has anti-spam software that knocks the user out of the forum by identifying some key words used in Spam. It is shareware too, free. And Buz, you have been infected with some virus that sends Spam messages to everybody in your address book, unless you were serious about the Acai Berry nonsense.

I'm totally serious about that nonsense!

It was a funny coincidence that I got hacked. I was flying home from a conference and the gal I was sitting next to gave me her card and she worked for Epsilon.

She must have gotten my gmail account out of my brain waves.

1offmotorsport 07-26-2011 01:33 PM

Who are the Moderators?
 
I recently joined this forum and i would like to be a source of lighting information and possibly sponsor this forum so i can properly offer products that we sell.

Can anyone point me to who the moderator is or if this is a moderator reading this please PM me so we discuss the cost of sponsoring this forum and what questions i can answer about lighting solutions without stepping on any toes.

Thank you for the help.

Easy Rider 2 07-26-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1offmotorsport (Post 263702)
Can anyone point me to who the moderator is or if this is a moderator reading this please PM me

Well, here goes another "harsh" reply. :p

Browse the threads just a bit and find a post authored by ADMINISTRATOR. That should take you all of about a minute.
Send him a PM or an email.
Simple.

sarnali2 07-26-2011 05:29 PM

sorry we're closed. Come back Monday....

The_AirHawk 07-27-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 263716)
sorry we're closed. Come back Monday....

"...No moa' Buffet! We Crosed! We Dry Clean'a Now! You Go Home Now! Leave you Jacket - we clean it by next Tuesday!"


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.