Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   When you sold your bike (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/20832-when-you-sold-your-bike.html)

Buzglyd 02-11-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280079)
The license is clear enough, but what do mean about insurance? His policy from the bike he sold?

In CA we all carry a card in our wallet as proof of insurance. The cops usually ask for it when you get stopped.

Throw in a scary occupation too.

I always tell people I beat money out of people for a living.

12er 02-11-2013 07:44 PM

Cash in hand on anything other than an old dirt bike.

The Spaceman 02-12-2013 06:07 AM

It's gone. The guy showed up with a stack of hundred dollar bills and rode away in under 45 minutes. I had all the maintenance records, manuals, spares out for him inspect, but he just shoveled it all into the top case and hauled ass.

Buzglyd 02-12-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280097)
It's gone. The guy showed up with a stack of hundred dollar bills and rode away in under 45 minutes. I had all the maintenance records, manuals, spares out for him inspect, but he just shoveled it all into the top case and hauled ass.

If the bills have a picture of Mickey on them, you're probably screwed.

jmdonald 02-12-2013 06:48 AM

Benjamin

If they have pictures of Franklin they aren't worth anything either.

sarnali2 02-12-2013 08:17 AM

You can get those counterfit money pens at Office Depot that turn color on fake money... Probably too late now though eh?...

I'm sure they're fine.. (ahem)..

The Spaceman 02-12-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 280109)
You can get those counterfit money pens at Office Depot that turn color on fake money... Probably too late now though eh?...

I'm sure they're fine.. (ahem)..

Bank 'o Merica seems to like them ok. The buyer said he'd been a pastry chef at the DC French Embassy and the White House. How could I doubt a French pastry chef?

jmdonald 02-12-2013 08:47 AM

Counterfeit

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280110)
Bank 'o Merica seems to like them ok. The buyer said he'd been a pastry chef at the DC French Embassy and the White House. How could I doubt a French pastry chef?

There are a lot of fake bills being passed in Orange County. If the bank likes them you should be OK.

pushrod 02-12-2013 09:02 AM

Well, congratulations and my sympathies on the 'loss' of your 'Wee'.

Good luck in your quest for a replacement!

sarnali2 02-12-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280110)

Good point though I'd have asked for a few eclairs as proof...