Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The Brownshirts are coming. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/10396-brownshirts-coming.html)

seruzawa 01-14-2009 04:56 AM

The Brownshirts are coming.

Retooling Obama's campaign machine for the long haul - Los Angeles Times

Will they get little armbands?

Read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich."

longride 01-14-2009 05:26 AM

"In what would be another unprecedented step, Obama's political staff is deciding whether to create a service organization that would use the vast corps of its grass-roots campaign supporters."

Might they call it the 'Obama Youth'? All we need then is a few constitutional tweaks, and I think Seruzawa has it right.

Kenneth_Moore 01-14-2009 05:52 AM

I'm a lot more concerned with the astounding growth of private military companies than a grassroots activist organization. They've got tanks, artillery, and guns, and answer only to whoever is paying them. Blackwater is just one of many. Google "Private Military Companies" sometime, you might be surprised.

seruzawa 01-14-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 201227)
I'm a lot more concerned with the astounding growth of private military companies than a grassroots activist organization. They've got tanks, artillery, and guns, and answer only to whoever is paying them. Blackwater is just one of many. Google "Private Military Companies" sometime, you might be surprised.

Right. We'll be seeing Blackwater tanks on our streets any day now.

Kenneth_Moore 01-14-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 201230)
Right. We'll be seeing Blackwater tanks on our streets any day now.

We've already seen PMCs used in situations like Katrina. Blackwater has almost every tactical weapon in the US arsenal at their disposal. I realize you're a conservative, but don't let that fact blind you to a more clear and present danger to your civil liberties. The fact is: the privatization of the military is a real threat to liberty at home and abroad. You've got NetFlix, right? Check out "Why We Fight." They borrowed the title from a series of WWII films. The movie starts with Eisnehower's (R) speech on the growing military industrial complex, and then goes on to document how his worst fears have come to fruition. In fact, watch it and critique it; I'd honestly like to hear a dedicated conservative's viewpoint on it.

Kenneth_Moore 01-14-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 201235)
That's why you should own a lot of firearms.

"A well-armed populace..." Agreed.

BrowningBAR 01-14-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 201234)
We've already seen PMCs used in situations like Katrina. Blackwater has almost every tactical weapon in the US arsenal at their disposal. I realize you're a conservative, but don't let that fact blind you to a more clear and present danger to your civil liberties. The fact is: the privatization of the military is a real threat to liberty at home and abroad. You've got NetFlix, right? Check out "Why We Fight." They borrowed the title from a series of WWII films. The movie starts with Eisnehower's (R) speech on the growing military industrial complex, and then goes on to document how his worst fears have come to fruition. In fact, watch it and critique it; I'd honestly like to hear a dedicated conservative's viewpoint on it.

That's why you should own a lot of firearms.

seruzawa 01-14-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 201234)

For the 1000th freaking time, I'm a libertarian.

Once again. Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. SA and SS. Both the Rats and Pubes must fall or we are rapidly to become a fascist state like the world has never seen. This time they have implantable GPS chips and the capability to track every man woman and child. Don't laugh because they've already gotten thousands of foolish people to chip theor own children.

Kenneth_Moore 01-14-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 201241)
For the 1000th freaking time, I'm a libertarian.

I apologize if I've misconstrued your politics, but most of your posts are clearly conservative by any reasonable measure. Conservative and libertarian are virtually synonomous in today's politics. Less government, lower taxes, etc.

acecycleins 01-14-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 201244)
I apologize if I've misconstrued your politics, but most of your posts are clearly conservative by any reasonable measure. Conservative and libertarian are virtually synonomous in today's politics. Less government, lower taxes, etc.

Not eniterly true, Libirtarians prefer the government run like originally planned by the founding fathers. Republicans since 1995 have decided government is good as long as taxes are low. The difference is simply that Libirtarians want one thing out of Feds- protection in the event of war. Otherwise, stay clear of the general public.
Do they convey that message well? NO! Bob Barr was about the best thing that could have happened to their party in the last 16yrs. But even that wasn't good enough for people to take notice. Republicans, on the otherhand, have no issues pandering to the public. They haven't made one smart move since the middle 90s when they won the house.