Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MORidian (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/)
-   -   Ride To Work Yesterday! (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/moridian/2458-ride-work-yesterday.html)

sarnali 07-21-2004 10:00 AM

Re: Boom boom

Hey, cool. My first real street bike was a '80 KZ750T which was the "custom " twin, bought new in '79 for $2500 OTD. I rode the crap out of it for the year it took me to build my first shovelhead, then I kept it for a commuter and back road thrasher. I finnaly gave it to my dad who rode it for another 5~6 years.

When he sold It had over 75k on it and still going strong. Those old Kaws are damn near bulletproof.

Fat 07-21-2004 10:31 AM

Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

lol. that was pretty hilarious.

mscuddy 07-21-2004 11:28 AM

Re: 750T

I bought a '79 750 Twin from a shipmate of mine, when he got out of the Nav. It was purple, with white stripes.

I thrashed it for a few, and sold it to some boot camp, when I shipped out to Miramar. For all I know, it's still being passed around NAS Oceana, from squid-to-squid (literally).

Another heavy, reliable, tank-like motorcycle, from Kawasaki. Did I say heavy?

sarnali 07-21-2004 04:33 PM

Re: 750T

Mine was red with gold pin stripes, It was the beginning of the UJM custom phase, so it had pull back bars, a stepped seat and a tail piece that looked more cafe`than "chopper". I bought it with the money I saved up on the boat. I put a Kerker two into one on it, sounded pretty good.

Cliff_1 07-21-2004 11:05 PM

Re: Ride To Work Today!

Love to ride to work..............but I think not. Over here it is 8 degrees with hail and 50 knot gales, call me a wimp if you must but hypothermia gets harder to shake as I age.

Enjoy your summer, we still have another 3 COLD months ahead.!!

pplassm 07-21-2004 11:29 PM

Thanks to all for your kind and supportive thoughts! We ARE doing good work here. Don't believe all you read in the press.

pplassm

naco_traficante 07-22-2004 02:36 AM

No media coverage this year ?

In my area (Chicago) I saw no difference yesterday and last night it occurred to me that I had not heard any media coverage, either. A check of CNN and MSNBC web sites today does not find any stories. It looks like this event is going to need better publicity, maybe get some biker-celebrities to issue a statement about how they plan to participate, etc.

pdad13 07-22-2004 04:56 AM

When you get a chance, post some news here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to hear what you guys (and gals) are doing there. I'll be happy to share it with everyone I know.

Thanks again.

SuperSquid 07-22-2004 05:52 AM

I am in F-in! New Orleans right now for business!! DAMIT!

longride 07-22-2004 05:57 AM

You mean the press may be fabricating or omitting the truth? Gosh, who'd of thought it!