Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-29-2004, 05:52 AM   #21
bbtowns
Founding Member

Default Re: Alcan trip

I rode from Fairbanks to Portland, OR including the Cassiar on a Concours two years ago, two up with my wife. No need for a GS unless you really want to explore off the beaten path. 150 miles of gas range is helpful in one or two spots on the Cassiar, other than that no special requirements other than the usual.

Bryan

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2004, 07:47 AM   #22
TatdNPrcd

Darn right.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #23
anrajala
Founding Member

Good to see I am not the only one that has seen the light... what EVERYONE MUST do before dying is to come to Rio, buy an used locally made XT-600 Yamaha and take off to north, all the way to Fortaleza via 3000km of costal road, stopping every now and then for a few of days of beach, caipirinha, seafood and beer. Reserve 3 months for this, more if you happen to get so drunk you marry someone.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 AM   #24
Holy_Kaw

You can also use your MC/Visa credit/debit card to take care of most transactions on the AlCan as you can here. It automatically converts your dollars fairly accurately (the exchange rate constantly changes), it may be some distance between oportunities however...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote