Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Janklow Update - Convicted of Manslaughter (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/2255-janklow-update-convicted-manslaughter.html)

KPaulCook 12-09-2003 10:48 AM

Re: Janklow Update - Convicted of Manslaughter

"I am suprised to see Janklow resign effective on his sentencing date. Nixon did the same thing. both were Republicans. " Nixon was never on trial nor was he convicted or charged. He resigned and was pardoned by Ford from future prosecution.

" Clinton Lied to the country under oath, has been disbarred by the Arkansas Bar Assoc. (for 5 years) and still justified it. " Clinton lied about a blow job but Bush lied and soldiers died.

grover750 12-09-2003 01:45 PM

All Daschle did was testify that he didn't see Janklow eat. I don't know where you got the information that Daschle feels Janklow was not responsible. Was there a Daschle interview I missed? Or are you just bashing Daschle because you disagree with him politically?

Jexter 12-09-2003 06:39 PM

Exactly.

I completely agree.

edward44 12-10-2003 03:39 AM

Re: Hadn't eaten for 18 hours.

whats flamonda? its not in the dictionary.

electraglider_1997 12-10-2003 04:12 AM

Re: Hadn't eaten for 18 hours.

Just slang for when your belly is so large that you can't see your ****ydoo "from under" your belly.

electraglider_1997 12-10-2003 10:09 AM

Flamonda

Now I remember the definition of "flamonda". You know, the cheese that accumulates down flamonda. Especially on long tour rides.

electraglider_1997 12-10-2003 10:10 AM

Flamonda cheese.

Most call it crotch-cheese. Not by Kraft.

thejimmy 12-10-2003 12:58 PM

Yessssssssssssssssss...

Maybe a bit more 'public mercy' would have been shown if the guilty party hadn't had so many speeding offenses...

Another case of a Fatcat Master Of the World who finally had the law catch up with him...at the expense of another's life...

pplassm 12-11-2003 07:34 AM

Re: But he still gets a pension....

Nope. I work for the government as well. There is a strict demarcation between work performance and non-work actions. I believe he will keep his pension.

edward44 12-14-2003 08:07 AM

Check the Star-Tribune: the Republician gov sez he wouldn't consider a pardon until at least one year after sentencing. So there it is: one yeat max if that.

mce63 12-19-2003 02:54 PM

Note to Tennessee:

This is how you hold elected officials accountable and respect motorcyclists.

Score:

SD +1

Janklow Guilty

TN -4

1-Allowing state Sen. Carl O. Koella Jr to plead no contest to a misdemeanor for killing Terry Barnard.

2-Naming the killing field after the killer Koella.

3-Rockford, Tennessee police officer, James R. Johnson being found not guilty for killing a motorcyclist by intentionally swerving into his path.

4-TN's part in the heavy handed crackdown of a NC gathering of those dreaded BMW bikers in the border mountains.

The message is clear. SD feels that motorcyclists deserve equal protection of the law; TN feels that motorcyclists deserve being treated like sh!t.