Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-01-2003, 03:49 PM   #1
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Re: Another (BAD) Motorcycle Movie

Hollywood just doesn't get it. A biker movie doesn't need an outlandish plot or unrealistic action -- give us some characters we care about, some machines we want to see and a plot that makes sense and we'll be happy.

Biker Boyz was no good. Not because there's no biker culture like the one protrayed in the movie -- come to the Northern Liberties Circle K in Philly to see that -- but because it was so damn ridiculous. Stretched-frame, nitrous-running rice burners racing on dirt roads? Come on.

I hope Torque doesn't do the same dumb stuff.
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2003, 05:44 PM   #2
chevegan

I saw a preview for this movie...and yes its another ridiculous outlandish makes no sense motorcycle movie....in one scene the guy slams on his breaks and kicks off a tree to do a 180 and then rides a bike down a street and blows out all the windows on the cars....and also apparently you can jump your bike at like 100mph and land perfectly...
chevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:25 PM   #3
RtLt
Founding Member

I was one of the many extras for a part of this movie filmed in the small town (population 1,200) of Piru, California. I even got to drive around with a guy filming the documentary of the making of Torque on the back of my Valkyrie. He was a big guy and I had to drive slow. I was wiggling so much we had to make another pass that I was able to do better on.

I too bet it sucks, but maybe I will see some Valks and/or familiar faces in the background. This is yet another flick that I will wait until the video comes out, which shouldn't be too long in coming after the movie is released.

RtLt

First post, woo-hoo!
RtLt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #4
SR
Founding Member

Nope, 2nd post!
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #5
Pacer
Founding Member

I think that the bike that blows out the windows is turbine powered. A guy in Lousiana makes them. Still BS, but I see where they were going with it. Did you notice the guy who turns around to shoot his pistol.....with his right hand. Amazing the bike didn't slow down.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:38 AM   #6
obandoj
Founding Member

Another far fetched stupid one. Stoppies in the dirt, on street bikes, car jumping without helmets, oh boy, no wonder the cagers think we are stupid, suicidal morons.

Some day we will be legislated out of existence, and this type of crap is just another nail in the coffin
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:43 AM   #7
pplassm
Founding Member

Hey! We got a movie star MOron!

Old 12-02-2003, 04:40 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Motorcycle movies met their zenith with the release of "The Born Losers". It's all been downhill since. I mean, how can you surpass Billy Jack vs. Jeremy Slate?

Unless it's "The Losers" where Hell's Angels mount machine guns on their handlebars and ride around Vietnam rescuing POWs while pulling wheelies to shoot the VC out of guard towers.

Or what can top Joe Namath on a chopped hog beating his nemesis on a BSA 650 on a dirt track race? Unless it was Ann-Margaret as eye candy riding on the back.

CGI effects and modern screenwriting simply can't compare to the breathtaking concepts of these all time classics.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:44 AM   #9
tumbler
Founding Member

Don't forget Sean Connery in Never Say Never Again on his specially Q-prepped bike!
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:20 AM   #10
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Whose tires?

First it was Mission Improbable 2, now Dorque.

I cannot get anyone to tell me where I can get offroad rubber for my Triumph. Obviously the Daytona doesn't suffer any worse handling because of them. I wonder how my Sprint with bags would handle off-road.

Hey, now there is an idea for a MO comparo!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote