Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   BURNS ON BRINK OF MENTAL COLLAPSE (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/1731-burns-brink-mental-collapse.html)

johnnyb 03-27-2003 08:56 AM

Re: BURNS ON BRINK OF MENTAL COLLAPSE

Right, if i had a Muzzys Raceshop here at the hovel with air I would be happy to. Instead, I have purchased a can of KNOCK `ER LOOSE Super Penetrant. I liked the name... stand by.

johnnyb 03-27-2003 08:58 AM

Dude, don't tell me you have a `96 SP 900 SS Ducati? Run like the wind my friend...

Ken_Packard 03-27-2003 09:43 AM

Now THAT was funny.

blitz 03-27-2003 10:20 AM

Two other suggestions not yet posted.

1. Vinegar. Yep, vinegar. Dribble as much as you can on the bolt (or Torx) head and let gravity and time do their thing. Better yet, soak rags in vinegar after the dribble of vinegar, and let gravity and time do their thing. After a day or two, the vinegar will work to dissolve the galvanic corrosion between the steel (cheap non-cadium plated) head bolts and engine block.

2. A second alternative is automatic tranmission fluid. Part of the additive package in ATF are solvents used to keep the hydraulic valves from gumming up and getting stuck open or closed (or just sticky). Anyway, do the same with the ATF as was suggested with the vinegar.

For both cases, you might have to wait a day or two to let the solvents do their thing. I've used these tricks with great success. The most difficult thing is to not be impatient and try too soon. Give'em a couple of days.

The_Aerodynamic_Head 03-27-2003 11:14 AM

Re: Wife's Car?!

Now that's a good call, Bob.

A new GP Performance Parts mouse motor can be had in calm, sedate street trim for 1700 bucks.

The_Aerodynamic_Head 03-27-2003 11:27 AM

don't you understand?!

He doesn't have a couple of days!

We could all be dead by then!

banda 03-27-2003 12:08 PM

This man is a liar!

Nice try! You can't fool me.

Why would an Amish man wear a Quaker hat? Totally bogus.

sarnali 03-27-2003 12:28 PM

I personnaly bless each new bike I buy with beer from the country of origin, Sapporo or Ashii for Japanese bikes, Becks or St. Pauli girl for BMW's I've only bought used HD's but I guess I'd use Coor's for them, I plan on a Speed Triple next, so probably Boddingtons pub ale for that, I wait till the first full moon after purchase, pop a top, drink half myself, then pour the rest over the bike, A true infidel, I agree. but it keeps me safe and in good karma with the machine soooo. for an Italian bike I'd use Martini & Rossi, as Italian beer tastes like pee.

vfrroom 03-27-2003 01:05 PM

Being it is German built, give it a French kiss and talk nice to it, seems to be their approach to things these days.

g

Holy_Kaw 03-28-2003 01:20 AM

Bigger hammer and breaker bar?