Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Feedback (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1644-2003-suzuki-gsx-r1000-feedback.html)

gooseman_1 02-22-2003 06:24 AM

Re: Great Review. Love the video and pictures So long twins.

As Martha Steward would say: That's a good thing.

jmeyn 02-22-2003 06:34 AM

How kind

Are you volunteering to bike-pool with MR. ALLCAPS?

Seriously, with full throttle, steer and brake-by-wire this would be the ultimate prosthetic for the dead-except-for-brain. Strap the tank to the seat and go.

Tweaked007 02-22-2003 08:51 AM

Re: 2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Feedback

Prurient,

Dang if you weren't spinning up the rear and twisting the throttle WFO *all* the way down the straights. Impressive;-)

You know you wouldn't have had to edit much off the end of the long track video to keep A. Darkness from getting back past. No one ever need to have known...

Troy_Smith 02-22-2003 02:28 PM

sounds like a great bike from the seat, but from the sidewalk, i have to cast my ballot as Ugly!

Suzuki has had for several years (maybe always) the worst styling of any of the japanese bikes in my opinion. They are even more plain, bland, blah than honda.

The new R1 is very sexy and well styled for a japanese bike i think. I would have to choose the R1 if it were my dollar, the styling outweighs the extra superhero performance in my book, since they are both incredibly capable.

Joe_Momma 02-23-2003 05:48 AM

Yes, it's called insurance.

maccasmark 02-23-2003 02:57 PM

When compared by Australian Journos, the GSXR750 is always faster than the GSXR1000 at Phillip Is. Only the A-grade superbike racers are able to get the 1000 to go faster.

When the R6 first came out, it was the fastest bike (when ridden by journos) around Phillip Is, noticeably faster than the R1. I haven't seen a comparison with the new R1.

And the little downhill right at the bottom of Lukey's Heights is called MG corner.

Golgo13 02-24-2003 03:35 AM

Big-Dicked??

<blockquote>"All I can tell you is that the liter-bike comparo has already taken place in the wide open spaces between my ears, and the clear winner is this here tire-spinnin,' front-wheel wagglin,' big-****ed!! Suzuki GSX-R1000! "</blockquote>

WTF?!?

Ok. I looked at all of the pics in the article, and I honestly could not find anything big and ****-like on that bike. Or, at least, that is part of the bike, rider not included.

I dunno... sexuality of motorcycles is such a dicey topic. It gets a bit disturbing if you think about it too much. Can we just leave the ****s et al out of it?

SeanAlexander 02-24-2003 10:54 AM

Re: Big-Dicked??

This is where the temptation to throw out a "Mamma" joke or three, must be held back at all costs.

::straining::

runner00 02-24-2003 02:38 PM

I just wanted to say that I think the motorcycle industry has a fixation on race bikes. This

fixation is an actual detriment to motorcycling in that innovations designed to make motorcycling

more enjoyable for the rider are not even being considered. Why is it not one manufacturer is

even considering climate control systems for motorcyclist ? Why is it the average car can be gotten

with cruise control but the average motorcycle can not ? I could go on and on. It's rather pathetic

don't you think ? The motorcycle industry lags way behind the automotive industry in what is provided

for the consumer.

runner00 02-24-2003 02:44 PM

Oh wow a faster fast bike. Say do you think the next fast bike will be faster ??? Earth to Mo members earth to Mo members this is the real world calling....remember to keep it real in the real world baby. If you don't have access to a race track often what is the point ?????