Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Landspeed Record Biodiesel Bike To Be Star At Biodiesel Conf. (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/4272-landspeed-record-biodiesel-bike-star-biodiesel-conf.html)

The_AirHawk 01-31-2007 03:00 PM

Re: How much biodiesel is needed to get us off the oil addiction?

Dangerousdave_2 01-31-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Landspeed Record Biodiesel Bike To Be Star At Biodiesel Conf.

Yeah, there are still reserves to be found, no question. The problem is that some of those new finds are in four or five thousand feet of water, and are gonna be more expensive to produce. I hear there's some stuff in Alabama that they no about, but it's so sour and under such high pressure that they don't have the technology to produce it yet. Canada and Venezuela have huge amounts of really crappy stuff that will eventually become economically viable too. It just probably ain't gonna be cheap.

schizuki 01-31-2007 03:06 PM

Hey, it's not like California owes its very existence to the oil companies. And they're not exactly "car crazy" there, either, y'know?

schizuki 01-31-2007 03:10 PM

I've been on this planet for forty years, and two things I've learned not to believe: utopian dreams and apocalyptic screams.

BTW, "addiction to oil" is a retarded term. That's like "addiction to blood" or "addiction to air."

schizuki 01-31-2007 03:15 PM

I'm imagining an alternate Earth where bread costs $10.00 a loaf and forests have been plowed for farmland to feed our insatiable addiction to biofuels. But a ****eyed bunch of dreamers has an idea for turning petroleum into something called "gasoline"... and it will solve all of our problems...

seruzawa 01-31-2007 04:08 PM

If everyone think that smog is bad just wait until they are knee-deep in horse shyt again.

seruzawa 01-31-2007 04:16 PM

My mother told me years ago about the doomcryers during the 30's who 'proved' that the apocalypse was 'tomorrow'. There's always someone screaming that the sky is falling. Heck, every single year the media nuts tell us that the world's weather is "weirder than it's ever been". This sort of crap has been going on ever since Og needed an issue to keep the other cavemen in line with. "Make me Chief or Mastodons are going to rise up and stomp us all!"

BTW, have you caught those commercials that cry that gold is going to be thousands of dollars an ounce any day now? We are supposed to run out and buy a lot of it... RIGHT AWAY! Before it's too late!

Well my question is, if this is true then why are they selling it and not buying it themselves?

Hint: For someone to win in the Commodities Market someone else has to lose.

Neal 01-31-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Here is great chart about prices and who are the big fleet users in Seattle

Yeh...winter time gets a little slow

schizuki 01-31-2007 05:14 PM

"My mother told me years ago about the doomcryers during the 30's who 'proved' that the apocalypse was 'tomorrow'. There's always someone screaming that the sky is falling."

There's an article in a New York newspaper from the 1890's warning about the threat to civilization from the exhaustion of coal deposits.

"Heck, every single year the media nuts tell us that the world's weather is "weirder than it's ever been".

Ever read journals from the 18th and 19th centuries? Plenty of weird weather talk.

You want weird weather? 1816. Snow in the summer. Took years to get back to normal. All this paranoia about global warming, and one volcanic burp will render it pretty f***in' moot.

schizuki 01-31-2007 05:17 PM

Whattaya mean, "wait"? The warm-mongers are producing metric tons of it. There's a steaming pile of it that just got nominated for Best Documentary.